Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

model shop Cromer

russ p

• RMweb Gold

As there are a few of us that live in Norfolk I thought I'd draw the attention of the group to a cracking model shop in Cromer.

Its absolutely brilliant for materials such as the full range of wills,plenty of scaledale and stuff such as deluxe materials. He also has a vast range of diecast in all three popular scales. He sells a limited range of loco's and stock but has a good selection of Cambrian kits.

I have no connection with the shop other than being a satisfied customer, the owner is very knowledgeable on both model and prototype railways

Not sure the guide is correct as I'm sure he closed Sundays and Mondays only and its actually opposite the tourist information centre

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/shops/1792-BuoysToysandModels

Edited by russ p
  • Like 1

Interesting.......... it's only a bus/train ride away

As there are a few of us that live in Norfolk I thought I'd draw the attention of the group to a cracking model shop in Cromer.
Its absolutely brilliant for materials such as the full range of wills,plenty of scaledale and stuff such as deluxe materials. He also has a vast range of diecast in all three popular scales. He sells a limited range of loco's and stock but has a good selection of Cambrian kits.
I have no connection with the shop other than being a satisfied customer, the owner is very knowledgeable on both model and prototype railways
Not sure the guide is correct as I'm sure he closed Sundays and Mondays only and its actually opposite the tourist information centre

http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/shops/1792-BuoysToysandModels

from where I live. Must pop in!

Living just a few miles away and driving right past the shop at least four times a week, I still haven't had a chance to look in! Will do so soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a good look around this great little shop today. A good variety of railway kits from a wide variety of manufacturers. A good range of tools, scenic items and the often hard to find ranges of scratch builders items (I beam, L section, sheet material etc) in plastic, various metals and wood. If you are in the area it is well worth a visit in my opinion. I made a few little purchases to keep me busy over the next few weeks doing some detail work.

It also has a good range of none railway related plastic kits and diecast vehicles for those with a variety of hobbies and interests.

Long live the local model shops :)

Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Popped in there today. A handy shop, lots of small suff that I normally need to get from exhibitions. Bought a few things and will be back!

Had a chat to the owner and he was saying that he's put his money into stock rather than advertising so I urge anyone local to go and have a look. 

As my other hobby is cycling I was surprised to see a nice cycle shop almost opposite so spent some pennies in there too!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...