Is googlel search meant to appear this way?

I'm only new to RM and still learning all the Do's, Don'ts and maybe if's. My question is (and I have searched) that when I use the google search it only shows, maybe 5-8 sites and I'm unable to page down anymore. Is this because they are the only sites relevant to my search?. I only ask as other new members may also be scratching their heads as to why. Cheers, Tex.

It maybe there are only 5-8 results for example

if I search "Tassie Tex" at the top its will tell me  there are :- About 5 results (0.14 seconds) so will all fit on the first page

Where as if I search Carlisle it says :- About 5,850 results (0.26 seconds)

It will then show me the first 7 if you scroll down to the bottom you will see some numbers 1,2,3 etc.. these are page numbers with the next 7 threads etc..

Hope this makes sense and helps

Steve

YAH! I had to adjust the page size on my screen and "yes" page numbers appear. Feel a bit of a dunce, ok for those with poor eye-sight this is where the problem lie's. Thanks again Steve-e, cheers, Tex

It's not just you, the search isn't optimised for small screens and on my netbook I can't scroll to the bottom either. I normally use the "normal" google search and start my search with RMWeb.  

I never use the internal search (it has a history) and always use a n other search engine (I'm not really a fan of google either. but if you enter your search in any search engine adding site:rmweb.co.uk (or site=rmweb.co.uk) the they all should restrict the listing to articles on RMWeb site.

The Google bot seems to reside here (being such a popular site) and the search results can be pretty up to date.

Thanks for all your comments, at the time I felt like a computer illiterate nut! and should leave the forum immediately! (giggle). It just shows we all make humble, stupid maybe mistakes and make ourselves look a little silly trying to work a simple task out, but I guess that's what makes this forum enjoyable, after all we are only "mere mortals". We all live and learn and what we learn today we should teach tomorrow.  Tex.

Archived