Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

University Modelling

Guest nzflyer

Looking back, I probably had more time for my outside interests whilst at uni than at any other time in my life before or since. Although, at the time, I wasn't modelling, whilst doing a 3 year BEng (Hons) (so quite a decent workload) I managed to rebuild several motorcycles, build a sidecar outfit from the ground up, get married, go on honeymoon, work part time as a landscaper, indulge in a bitter and time consuming feud, go to bike rallies, read stacks, organise a successful migration application, go abroad for the first time, spend far too much time drinking beer with my fellow "mature" engineering undergrads and generally make the most of the lack of responsibilities inherent in being a student. Whilst I may have done marginally better than I, in the end, did (just missed a 2(i) by 1 mark but a good 2(ii) was a decent consolation prize), it's proved no disadvantage in my subsequent career. That's all in spite of being an inherently lazy git.

So don't put the modelling aside. Instead make the most of what, for many, is a last opportunity to indulge in time consuming and often selfish pursuits.

• RMweb Premium

Alternatively, graduate, get an academic job, continue 'to indulge in time consuming & often selfish pursuits'?!

Dr Dava

Archived