What to do with older Farish chassis?

Well the burning question at the front of my mind today, is........what to do with those older chassis I'm sure we all have in a little box somewhere?

I have found an older Farish Black 5 chassis in a little box while looking for something else, the problem is that it appears all side rods, and motion have "fallen" off so I have a 4-2-2-2.

The question is what can I possibly use this for, I model LMS but not for the first time I have gone blank, ideally I need an inside cylinder loco, I have thought about "prince of wales" or 19 inch goods but I have also thought about B2's so I'm worried that I may be losing my mind......

HELP any ideas or suggestions?

...I model LMS but not for the first time I have gone blank, ideally I need an inside cylinder loco, I have thought about "prince of wales" or 19 inch goods but I have also thought about B2's so I'm worried that I may be losing my mind....

PoW is the obvious choice. Wheel diameter in the right zone, and a very common loco on the ex-LNWR lines until systematic displacement by the incoming tide of Black 5's. 'Someone' in the long ago did a nice little analysis which showed how they were withdrawn from sheds in near lock step with new Black 5s being allocated.

Good morning Paul. Did this problem arise when you started to paint your N Gauge sheep? Feel free to visit and ask for Andy. He is a qualified psychiatric nurse. By the time he has finished your "consultation", you will be rid of kettles and walking out a new man. Hopefully with a bag full of Br Blue diesels.

I am never buying Blue diesels NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER

PoW is the obvious choice. Wheel diameter in the right zone, and a very common loco on the ex-LNWR lines until systematic displacement by the incoming tide of Black 5's. 'Someone' in the long ago did a nice little analysis which showed how they were withdrawn from sheds in near lock step with new Black 5s being allocated.

That's a good idea, but I think I may parcel off the bits to BR Lines and let them work their magic on it?

Dear Paul, having consulted with Andy, he believes you may be suffering from "kettle-itus. This can be caused by years of breathing in the fumes from the Granox factory. This usually manifests itself in the form of low self eSteam or in severe cases Large Mental Stoppages. If you do not do something about this soon you could end up with a bout of "coalitus". Andy has recommended a course of tablets which you should not take with water. They used to be a Class C drug but are now re-classified as Class 66. Andy said that "Diesel make him feel better."

As ever Barry.

There is nothing wrong with me, and I certainly will not be taking advise from some "tin pot" loving mentalists, who have spent too much time sniffing the fumes from those Diesel buzz box things.

Over breakfast this morning, as I was tucking into my Frosties, I discussed your advice with Geoff my invigible pigmy Giraffe friend, and he said with your advise I might as well take to wearing sandals, bead necklaces, and running round hugging trees.

By the way have you considered wearing sandals? with your advancing years it means you don't have to struggle with those nasty laces, and if you waer white socks too, you will look COOL :)

Archived