RMweb

Glasgow George Square

taybridge

Doug,

Those coaches look really good. Just have to wait till I get my package from the UK, and I will give 8 of them a crack.

Jeff

Jeff - two learnings from my efforts: (1) use a slightly more orangey red but I think only slightly don't be tempted with too much orange! and (2) cut the roof ribs off, see the 4th reference below, and see Jamie's note above about how to do that. Enjoy!

Here are some references:

SeaLink coach behind class 45

Couple of SeaLink coaches behind class 45

SeaLink coach behind class 47 in Glasgow Central

Sealink coach behind class 27 in Paisley Gilmour Street

Doug.

Hi Doug,

Nice pics mate, I need to get some more people on my layout it certainly livens thing up.

Not sure if I mentioned a time for next Saturday, but its 1.30 onwards.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

Hi Doug,

Nice pics mate, I need to get some more people on my layout it certainly livens thing up.

Not sure if I mentioned a time for next Saturday, but its 1.30 onwards.biggrin.gif

Cheers Peter,

Hi Peter, 1.30, no problem. Looking forward to it!

Doug.

Lovely shots Doug. George Square is really coming along very nicely now (I still think you should call it Queen St!!). My favourite is the ticket collectors scene. Beautifully posed and so natural. The Sealink coaches are superb too.

Keep posting please!

Cheers for now,

Dave

Waverley West

Lovely shots Doug. George Square is really coming along very nicely now (I still think you should call it Queen St!!). My favourite is the ticket collectors scene. Beautifully posed and so natural. The Sealink coaches are superb too.

Keep posting please!

Cheers for now,

Dave

Waverley West

Thanks Dave, not to your standard but gradually making progress. I say not to your standard because your layout really does look like Waverley down to a T..

Interesting, people do seem to like the ticket collectors even thought there's hardly a train in sight!

I have some backscenes en route from UK at the moment - looking forward to looking at how to install them to give this a real inner city feel...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What make are the semaphore signals discussed on 14 February? Thanks, Richard Davies, Utah, USA.

Sorry Richard I have been away for a while... the make is Ratio, and these are (I seem to recall) LMS home and LMS distant.

Cheers

Doug.

• 2 months later...

Goodness me it's been 2 and a half months of home repairs and other stuff, but I'm back with another project. Acquired a Hornby LNER teak buffer, and going to turn it into this:

Link to photo in (I understand) John Turners collection

Edited by taybridge
Image removed copyright breach - original image http://web.ukonline.co.uk/53amodels/picture/E9115E-PE-150576.jpg
  • Like 1

Hi Doug,

Great to see you back on here, thought we had lost you.biggrin.gif Good luck with the new project.

Now I know you are back modelling I will put something in the post for you.wink.gif

Cheers Peter.

Ooops ... just noticed those train name board thingies on the roof! That's the great thing about taking photos for rmweb ... you see the all gory detail. 30 seconds with the scalpel and they are now no more :D. I have no idea about the layout of the vents on the roof, can only sort of see what's going on in the original photo above, so will just leave them as per LNER original for the moment. Can change that later if/when I can find a better reference for the later 1970's roof...

There was an article in the July 2005 RM that showed one roof pattern; apparently there may be more than one...

Thank you! I will try to get hold of a copy (I don't have old RM's)... in the meantime will respray the coach and sort out the roof at a later date.

Doug.

First coat of BR blue... starting to look the part (photo looks quite green due to household lighting and probably cos it's only the first coat...)

The external pipework will have to go too.

I don't mind the finished product looking a bit bashed as I want the buffet to look as if it's on it's last legs and shortly to be withdrawn ;)

post-6913-128185591974_thumb.jpg

post-6913-128185592816_thumb.jpg

post-6913-128185593666_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Here's one at Glasgow Central... this one's got the external pipework, so I will leave the pipework in place for the timebeing... ... and look at the roof - you can see the patch where the roof train name boards were removed.

Link to image on Wikimedia

Edited by taybridge
Image removed - no link to Creative Commons Licence hence breach of reproduction rights - original image can be found at http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/1439655
  • Like 1

For the second time I've had to remove images that have been uploaded to the site which are copyright or to be reproduced in accordance with a Common Licence. Can you please ensure that we don't breach rules.

Thanks,