ECoS 4 way point help

richard brown

Hello everyone I know I must off missed some thing some where but I am having problems with my 4 way point (Peco Products SL-80) I can control it as 2 points and I had it working on railroad and co but I can work out how to program it up on the ECoS to work as 1 point on the ECoS.

Thank you

Richard

Peco SL80 is a "Single slip", a 4 way point is something else entirely and not available rtr.

A single slip should be operated as two seperate points whether by ECoS or any other control system.

Regards

Keith

PS depending on your layout plan one or other end of the single slip may form a crossover with another point and could be operated together with it. Attach your track plan and appropriate suggestions can be made.

Setting it up as 2 back to back points you have the motor on the left of the double slip paired to the "right hand point", and the motor on the right of the double slip paired to the "left hand point". It sounds weird. but it works.

Thank you goingunderground it works Thank you

Richard

I have 3 of these SL90 double slips on my layout, and they work a treat, (well, that's when the Seep and Peco motors decide to work, - they're about to get changed to servo, much better and nice slow-motion!)

You need 2 motors per unit, and when you create the accessory, use the ECoS double slip icon. You select first accessory address as motor number 1, and it assumes the next incremental accessory as the second motor. Bit of a no-brainer, that 'cause you're likely to have 2 sequential numbers anyway!

Then, when you click on the icon, in either accessories screen, or track plan, the icon opens out to show 4 options, and you just select which route you want. Simples!

Hope this helps,

Alan.

Archived