A Rebuilt Class 28(H) in 2mm FS.

My little bag of bits from the 2mm Scale Association Shop arrived today (It doesn't look much for the best part of a hundred quid!) so my loco Challenge project is now on. Just waiting for the GA drawing to arrive and I can get building. The subject is a Great North of Scotland Railway Class 28 (later Class H) 4-4-0. The plan is to model the rebuilt version with a cab and inside framed bogie as that fits the timescale of my planned layout. I am really tempted by the original cab-less version with its bogie frames outside the crossheads. I don't think I have ever seen that feature on another class of loco. But, if I model the correct period for the original version it is too early for the passing loop and the distillery branch on my chosen station, so the rebuilt version it will have to be. Probably. ;)

For anyone wanting to know what I hope it looks like when it is finished, here's a link to the only photo of one I can find online, (of the rebuilt version, they have got it wrong on the caption.) no-29-as-originally-built.jpg

Archived