Once again, O gauge

I had all my card requirements sorted, for building in OO, having found a source over here for 2mm thick card.

However, a few changes have occurred, and I am now going to be able to work in O, as I had originally planned.

Being somewhat challenged with graphics software as well as track software (ok, no patience to sit at computer for the learning curves), I struggled a bit with how to get the kits I have printed out after enlarging them. I priced having them done at a print shop, cost was fairly high. Finally figured out how to do it at home, printing as a poster at 175% scale, with pages tiled. Success!

However, then realized one probably can't double the card thickness. What called for thick car (2mm) for a 4mm build now needs 3.5mm, not 4mm. Grrr. Some kit instructions say 'approx', so may try some tests with the 4mm, but those kits that are more specific, will look at what I have to laminate to required thicknesses.

Also, to simplify supply and building methods, I may just bite the bullet and build using styrene, as I plan to use for my scratch built structures. I can get in in various thousands of a inch thicknesses very readily.

At least I now have them re-scaled correctly, so some progress :)

Jim F

Archived