The next Generation?

There was a very similar device on kickstarter before (may even have been the same people).  They are certainly interesting but I feel it's very much a "jack of all trades, master of none" solution. If you only have space and budget for one machine and you are happy with the slightly limited capabilities then it could be ideal.  But, personally, I'd rather be able to do one or two things well.  In particular:

• For much less money you could get an equal or better FDM 3D printer because the design has been made much more robust than is needed for printing to allow for milling.
  • For the same or less money you could buy a much, much more capable milling machine
  • For the same money you can get a much larger capacity foam cutter
  • The higher power milling spindles will be completely wasted on that machine.  If you try to remove material at anything like the rate that a 500W spindle is able to the machine will bend itself in two.  Unfortunately, the lower power ones like the dremel are not made with precision in mind.

That said, some of their attachments look really nice.  I might get one of their 3D print heads for my milling machine!

Archived