ECoS 50200 Battery Charging

Hi everyone

Just newly started up my ECoS 50200 and although batteries inserted as per manual, they do not appear to be charging.

The icon top left of information bar is a vertical battery shape with a cross in it.

I have checked charge on batteries and all 4 are as dead as a Dodo.

Would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

John

Hi John,

I presume that you are using the batteries that came with the unit and that they are correctly inserted? Also, from my experience fully discharged batteries need at least 4 hours to charge.

Do you have any other rechargeable batteries that you could try in order to determine whether the unit is faulty or if it was just the batteries?

Failing that if the unit is still under warranty get in touch with your retailer or ESU support.

Regards

Hi Tase

Thank you for the reply. Yes, they are the batteries that came with the unit and inserted correctly.

I had the unit switched on for nearly six hours and no joy. Think I will follow your advice and contact dealer but only posted in case it was a common problem.

Otherwise - what a brilliant bit of kit!

Regards

John

If you look on the ESU users forum you will see that several users have reported the problem. You'll also see that sometimes there are problems with the supplied batteries, and information about the amount of time that the trickle charger in the ECoS takes to recharge the batteries, it is very, very slow at charging, and 5 hours will not be enough if the batteries were flat.

The ECoS will function perfectly well without the batteries, provided you ALWAYS use the Stop button to start the shutdown procedure as the batteries are only needed if there is a power cut whilst the ECoS is shutting down, or you simply unplug it from the power without using the Stop button to shut it down first.

I have found that the 50200 is never very successful at recharging flat or low charge battery sets. I operate 3 x 50200's and all are the same in this respect, a full day at an exhibition does not charge a low battery set. When I bought my first 50200 it was recommended that I buy an dedicated external charger with it. (ESU part number BC-0905C which has a 10 hour timer control)  This has worked for me so I would suggest an external charge in the first instance to see if the battery set is OK.

Terry

Hi Gents

many thanks for all your advice, much appreciated.

I have bought some new batteries along with a dedicated charger so, hopefully, will not have this problem again.

Must say, this forum and the ESU forum are excellent with regard to all the knowledge available and all the help people are willing to give.

Many thanks and best regards

John

Archived