Bremen, Georgia - an interesting track arrangement

CraigZ

I had reason to be in Bremen, GA earlier this week and discovered this really neat track arrangement.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=Bremen,+GA&hl=en&ll=33.720815,-85.148302&spn=0.008906,0.012263&sll=35.770436,-78.830308&sspn=0.556005,0.784836&oq=bremen,&hnear=Bremen,+Haralson+County,+Georgia&t=h&z=17

The primarily north/south line is ex Central of Georgia from Chattanooga TN to Macon GA; the east/west is the Southern from Atlanta, GA to Birmingham, AL.  I liked the diamond right there by the street; I loved the SOU/CofG connection track that runs thru that alley.  The Southern is the NS route west out of Atlanta and sees stack trains, coal trains, etc; I've seen coal trains on the CofG line as it crosses over the motorway south of Bremen.  Quite scenic and could make for interesting 'train exhibition' type operations of thru trains.

• 2 weeks later...

The ex C of G line from Bremen has coal traffic for Wansley power station using big 6 axle power and DPUs. From Wansley Junction , the line continues as far as Senoia to serve a Plastic factory (Winpak) , although there are other customers who also take traffic . NS runs local train G66 to Senoia a couple of times a week , normally powered by an SD40-2 and often only with one or two covered hoppers.

If you look up user "CSXQ614" on youtube , he's based in the area and has films of a lot of the traffic in the area.

Archived