HELP WITH BIGBIG HYMEK CONVERSION

d600

Hi all my first o gauge project and I'm stuck with the bogie mounting stretcher assembly it seems to be to wide to fit the body and how does it solder up I can't make heads or tails of the picture I've enclosed 3 pics to help me explainpost-11190-0-43696400-1431373012_thumb.jpgpost-11190-0-08855700-1431373025_thumb.jpgpost-11190-0-35651500-1431373037_thumb.jpg

Hi, I have used a similar kit for the Lima 33 conversion.

The cross braces have lots of lines on either end. Just trim to fit the body shell. I would suggest adding a bit of plastic underneath on each side of the body for extra strength.

Take your time and you will get a good model.

D.

P.s. The little box fits over the bigger box.

D

Aha thank you father I thought I would try this conversion before a full brass kit I have been following your progress on your models and very nice to I do have a 33 conversion kit next.

Cheers

Aha thank you father I thought I would try this conversion before a full brass kit I have been following your progress on your models and very nice to I do have a 33 conversion kit next.

Cheers

I have 2 Hymeks in my box ready for the same upgrade. I will probably do those once I have finished the 25 off.

If you are going to do a PRMRP brass loco kit beware of the white metal ends. They need to be absolutely flush with the brass roof to look right. I got one wrong on my 25- I was only out by a millimetre or so, but it looked wrong.

The building method is the same essentially for the Hymeks as for the brass kit so it is good experience.

I suggest incorporating a little bit of compensation in the chassis on each axle, so that the wheels can move up and down. I did this on the 33 and it makes a big difference.

Enjoy.

D.

Archived