Templot on Mac computers - Codeweavers offer today only

• RMweb Gold

Codeweavers Crossover is an inexpensive supported installer for Wine on Mac computers. Templot runs quite well under Wine and doesn't need a copy of Windows. Lots of users are running Templot on a Mac that way.

Codeweavers have an offer on today for 24 hours (CDT time, UK minus 6 hours). Not free, but a useful saving:

https://www.codeweavers.com/campaign/bday-CAT45-2015/?utm_campaign=6246373

A free alternative is Winebottler: http://winebottler.kronenberg.org

Martin.

Thanks for sharing Martin - much appreciated.

Quick question though please; if I already have track plans saved on a Windows PC can I export them to Templot using crossover running on a MAC using?

Regards

• RMweb Gold

Quick question though please; if I already have track plans saved on a Windows PC can I export them to Templot using crossover running on a MAC using?

Hi Tase,

If you mean will the files be compatible, yes.

If you mean where do I find them on a Mac, sorry I have no idea. My knowledge of Mac computers is nil. I'm sure someone will be able to help.

My own experience of using Templot under Wine (on Linux) is that the easiest way of interchanging files is to save them on a USB memory stick or other external drive. Templot should be able to see this regardless of where it is running.

regards,

Martin.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I was more interested in whether the files would be compatible as I don't fancy redrawing my track plans again on the Mac! I'll save the files on a USB drive and then import into Templot running on the Mac.

I'll be able to locate the file destination on the Mac no problem I'm more proficient on Apple computers than Windows Pc's!

Regards

Tarik

Archived