Hornby Pendolino Pantograph

I have an Hornby Pendolino (DCC fitted).  The pantograph on it doesn't appear to be able to be left in the up position as if it were running along the catenary wire.

Am I right, or is the one on my model duff?  If so, as anyone on here tried to fit a Backmann Class 350 BW HS Pantograph to it, as at least those look a bit more prototypical.  They can be purchased as spares as I have asked Bachmann.

Thanks piranha230.  The lower arm appears to be stuck in a position parallel to the adjacent bar that runs between the two insulators.  Only the upper arm will raise.

I presume you have one these also.  Does the lower arm lock down in the flat position?  How do you release it?  Mine is quite rigid and I can't see any way to release it so that it can be raised.

• 4 years later...

I recently got hold of a spare class 87 pantograph, which isn't the best, but was better than the one fitted by Hornby to my Pendolino.  After a bit of bashing I've managed to fit the arms to the Pendolino and it looks a whole lot better.  Hoping eventually I may be able to replace the arms with the new Hornby Class 91 one, or maybe the one from the Accurascale 92 if they make some spares.

20200512_163822.jpg

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1