the start of something not very special

I'm looking forward to seeing some pictures of progress. I've just started in On30 on a budget so I'll look forward to seeing this develop on a budget as well.

All the best,

Lloyd

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya Matt :imsohappy:

Try Chris J Ward 3d printed models (cwrailways.com) great prices and can be supplied with chassis at extra reasonable cost. I cant speak for all .. but I am sure lots would agree they are fab way to start building your collection up.

Another great part is you primer the model and you can choose whatever paint scheme you want as your the one who paints it. Both Chris and his wife are always out at all types of model railway exhibitions and are very warm and friendly people - I highly recommend them   :good:

Hope this is helpful

Kind Regards

Dan

Hi Matt,

happy to help a fellow modeller. Yeh it is an impressive range that keeps growing month by month and not to mention many different scales.

Please do post up some pictures of your layout or a track plan of what your aiming to do?. If I may just say.. If this is to be a first or second time layout, then why not keep the plan small, simple and with plenty of operational interest?.

Whatever you choose to do.. Just enjoy every moment. Look forward to seeing or reading your next update.

Best Wishes

Dan

There is a lot out there for OO9 using 3D printing. Tom Bell has a good range on his Shapeways webpage (Tebee). Tom does get to some shows. I have most of my WW1 locos resized down to OO9 now, including the 40hp Simplex which will fit the new Tomytec chassis.

For a starter, that's ideal: not too much track, so plenty of exercise in ballasting and scenicing w/o breaking the bank. Or your money piggy ;)

Operationally, it's rather limited. That's not a problem at all, you just need more imagination :D

oh!forgot to mention its an army line,sorry bout that NOW more doodles for ideas! :mail:  

Keeping it simple is a very good idea for a first layout. It allows the project to be completed quickly for one thing!

However if the layout is to represent a terminus/end-of-line a run-round loop would be a good idea, and would add interest. How big a layout are you thinking?

I'd recommend the 009 society - I've been a member since I was 12! As well as a magazine they have an excellent sales service with second-hand stock, and new Minitrains at discounted prices. There's local area groups all over the country, and many organise "member's day" shows. Also for Narrow-Gauge questions check out ngrm-online.com/forums

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Matt, just thought I would message to ask how is progress coming along with this project?.

Kind

regards

Dan

well, I have a new layout which 00 scale where this Railway will be located nothing at all as happened because I have been too busy! (by that I mean school etc but when there is time there is not enough time to do anything productive).  

Archived