Good Gn15 Prototype?

tebee

I've been thinking about doing a Micro-layout, one on the possibilities I've been considering is Gn15. My local railway museum a 400 mm gauge line running around it with incredibly tight curves ( about 12ft radius !) and coaches built on skip chassis. Keep thinking this might be good to copy.

Link as I can't get the media tag to work !

Tom

i agree with peter 09 is the best way to go as you can get away from it looking like a toy and more like a miniature railway

Well I've several reasons for preferring Gn15 to O9

Firstly I've been running HO US diesels for several years now, and they work so well and so easily that thoughts of the days when I struggled to get my OO9 stuff running in any sort of half decent manner remind me that I don't want to be doing that again. In fact I'm just currently getting rid of my OO9 on Ebay

Secondly I'm quite OK with building the sharp radius points I need in 16.5 mm gauge _ I've made quite a lot in 0n30 over the years, but I never had much success with OO9 ones and my eyesights only got worse over the years.

Thirdly I've got quite a bit of stuff in OO I could use as the basis for some of this, if I go O9 I'll have to buy a lot more.

And finally,I'm looking for a quick and dirty project, with the idea of getting something running fairly quickly as my main HO layout has stalled. Gn15 look easier to work in.

Tom

Archived