Will we ever get to hear the 40's ?

juggy0_1

When o when are Bachmann going to release their version of a 40 fitted with sound, has any any one heard any wispering coming through the ether when or if they will ever be available or should i spend my savings on sound chips from howes,SWD or olivias trains etc !

Hi was told by e-mail earlier this year that they were going to re-engineer the chassis in order to take lights and sound. That came direct from Bachmann.

Now that the sound Jubilee is out of the way and SWD do the sounds for them hopefully may be not to long.

The other hope is that it will have seperate controls for the white and red tail lights and maybe cab lights, time will tell.

• 2 months later...

As someone said on the 37/0 post, Bachmann are doing a full rework, if this is the case I can see them extending the range already advertised, it can't be overly cost effected to rework the chassis only to build Mauretania. Personally I hope they do an original green without sound as well as Mauretania, just brings down the cost a bit for those who don't require sound.

• RMweb Gold

As someone said on the 37/0 post.......

That was me. biggrin.gif

And this was my full post...

I spoke to Bachmann at the DEMU event re the Class 40.

Because there were other errors with the model they do not want to just do a simple chassis upgrade like on other models.

They are looking towards a full rework, body and chassis.

This will of course take time, and no, they had no timescales on this, I did ask biggrin.gif

If it comes out anything like the quality of the new Peaks and the forthcoming 37/0's I will be a happy bunny.

Archived