N-gauge stock boxes - and recommendations?

Can anyone suggest a supplier of N-gauge stock boxes at a reasonable price? (I have British 1:148 and Japanese 1:150 models.) In particular I am looking for something that will enable me to store rakes of wagons or coaches, as the manufacturers' packaging of these is often cunningly fiddly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• RMweb Premium

Agree with the challenge of taking out and putting back your stock into the original boxes. I have used Foam Trays in a metal tool case for a couple of years for Loco's , coaches and wagons supplied by JB Model World. I also buy the packing sheets so nothing moves when in transit!

He is on the Web http://www.jb2mmworl...stock_cases.htm and there is a modest Ebay presence and I also recall seeing him at the odd Exhibition.

No connection, just a satisfied customer.

Carl

Look at low-profile clear plastic parts/fishing tackle trays. I've found some Plano and Flambeau ones that suit my North American N-scale stock.

I don't know what sort of selection you have available over there, but look for ones about 1" in height that have adjustable compartment sizes. With some thin foam or felt lining the compartments they provide pretty good protection.

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Read this topic with great interest as have been after something myself

I looked at both the suggestions and emailed both companies requesting info on overseas orders (as suggested on their websites) and after a week am still awaiting replies :rolleyes:

By chance, on ebay, I stumbled upon this site this morning krmulticase which I thought was another interesting option. (EDIT - the link is to the european site for prices in Euros....just swap to the UK site for prices in Sterling)

I do like the cardboard option (seems to be more environmentally friendly) and placed an order for two of these cases by Paypal, prices include postage.

Will report back when they arrive...

hth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Looks like an old thread, but definitely a topic worth bringing up.

I've messed around with the JB foam trays (2 x fit relatively nicely into the roughly A4 sized "really useful" stacking boxes that they sell in Rymans). And also wooden artists material boxes, with dividers made from mount board - these give a really nice result.

However since I've discovered the Kato storage boxes, I don't think I'll be bothering much with the other methods. Really nicely cut, very dense foam, but best of all they have a "binding" like a high quality ring binder, to fit on your bookshelf. The same as the boxes that KATO Eurostars and TGVs come in - so better for coaches and locos than for wagons. Not cheap at around £15-20 each, depending where you can find them, but I think worth it. Gaugemaster sell them occasionally, or order from 1999.co.jp

It is an old thread, one I was linked to when I asked the same question in a new topic, as some information was already here I thought it better to bring this thread back to life.

Thanks for your suggestion of kato's offering I'll have a look

Archived