Horsted Keynes - East Grinstead, OO

Bluebell Model Railway

last update on the WHS building, all painted and logos and enamel signs added copied from the actual building and then printed from photo's i took in 2007 on a visit.

100_7429.jpg

100_7430.jpg

100_7431.jpg

100_7432.jpg

A little after finishing i checked it would fit under the canopy of horsted as the one on platform 3 + 4 cannot be removed, it was nice to find my measurments were right :), after finding there was more room i added another stick around the base and added some bricks.

100_7434.jpg

100_7435.jpg

100_7437.jpg

Also today I ran the Q for the first time in its complete form, hauling was ok, but needed more weight to be added which will be the next thing to do.

• Like 2

Thanks guys!

I have just been down the ice box today and installed the building now with lights! Simon, I might be able to do a bit better than just an image I did take a small video of it pulling in to Platform 2, which i will sort out in a little while!

There will be some images which will be added later this evening!

hehe thanks shaun! it is a bit chilly but ok when the heater is on! wink.gif

Ok last update for a little while. Until I start the next project which I have now got funds for.

The shop has now finally been fitted to platform 3 + 4 in addition to this I have fitted a light to it also, which i think adds a nice touch :D. The Q Class has had a small run on the layout today and worked nicely, as I mention before I think needs some more weight added to the loco to improve the amount it can Haul.

Video:

4 new Bullied coaches are on the way also, and already arrived a New Maunsell coach making the layout have a 4 car set.

100_7462.jpg

100_7442.jpg

100_7444.jpg

100_7452.jpg

100_7454.jpg

100_7468.jpg

• Like 2

Didi recieve some more new coaches for the layout but I haven't been down the shed as of late to take any pictures. Im hoping to re do the back scenes in the next few days, hand painted and a bit taller.

Also been looking in to New possibly working signals towards mid next year, but looks i will need alot of money for the project, possibly around ??400, so its a bit of a way off.

I ventured in to the ice box this afternoon only for 20 mins as there was ice on the inside of the windows... serious thinking of moving the layout lol.

Anyway I took a couple of pics... not many but some. 4 new coaches arrived shortly after new year which have been added to the layout.

New lights are also on the way for the station.

100_7483.jpg

100_7488.jpg

100_7489.jpg

100_7490.jpg

100_7487.jpg

Enjoy cool.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Another small update...

All the backscenes are now in place, and looking very nice, I also another delievery today of some new station lights which ive been spending the day painting, and the later part wiring them up, and they are looking more suited in their surroundings.

the E4 is coming on well, the chassis now fits the body well, and a pony truck has been found from mr Wenchford, and now bolted to the main chassis. Whilst awaiting delivery of the last wheel set I've now painted up the main wheels in the SR green.

All I am expecting now is more Matt Varnish, and Transfers, and a little more paint on the body, before reassembley.

P130110_1559.jpg

P130110_1544.jpg

DSC08482.jpg

DSC08477.jpg

DSC08480.jpg

DSC08478.jpg

DSC08481.jpg

• Like 2

Since changing the station lights Ive been working on new locos, the E4 LBSCR, loco is almost complete, the rear axle / pony truck has been attached and works well. Still awaiting transfers, Which i hope will arrive in the mid next week.

100_7622.jpg

I also have spent yet more money on the loco collection, This time spotting a SE&CR, H - Class on ebay, complete and finished. I don't come across these oftern and having some money on me i decided to go for it.... and luckily won it, so not only an E4 to look forward to but an H class as well. Heres an image of the loco before its arrival,

BjoZ5VQBGkKGrHqQH-DQEscVF0PBLUv0ikn.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for your comment, Yes the mrk1's were instead of the Bullieds, watching them on a well known auction site they were going for quite alot of money especially for their age, still good coaches, but couldn't justify the amount of money they were going for, so i elected for ??18 mrk 1's and save a bit for the loco front.

Like you I like the Bullieds from Bachmann, but i cant justify both as I'm limited on money, space and thinking of another layout

Mr Brunel- Its a Roger Stenning Kit from mainly trains, directed to it by Graham Muz as the Resin kit was temporarly unavailable, it was the expensive option but advantage was it added weight, and pulling capacity, and powered by a Hornby railroad chassis and works very well.

Edited by Bluebell Model Railway

only a small update at the moment, I attended the Wycombe Wednesday club night, took a couple of locos along to run on a friends layout St Simon's Hythe Parkway. Locos I took were the SE&CR H-Class 307, and LBSC E4 B473 also attened, as neither loco has had that much running due to the winter season.

Heres a couple of pictures and a small video.....

100_7837.jpg

100_7838.jpg

100_7839.jpg

100_7841.jpg

100_7848.jpg

100_7846.jpg

Video:

• Like 1

Hi Matt,

Only just caught up with this! It was good fine, it was good to see a 'H' back at Hythe!

Perhaps one day the Southeast Steam Railway should visit the Bluebell Railway! I've got to reply top Dan about a trip to the Wenchford Railway!

Simon

Hey simon

Glad to bring it was good, glad we managed to identify a few issues before you layout went to exhibition. Ahh yes Benchford, indeed the brightest loft in bucks, may go up sometime this month myself, I agree we will have to come to some arrangement on running a mini gala over here on the Layout, shall have to wait for the weather to play ball and to be alot warmer.

But definetly do it this year!