Model Rail 1:76 Landrover

dibber25

Modelled from photographs of an actual vehicle, Oxford Diecast has produced this pretty little BR Landrover exclusively for Model Rail. It will be on sale on the MR stand at Model Rail Live! and (subject to availability) at Warley and Glasgow, but NOT by online/mail order. Price is expected to be £3.95.

post-1062-024466600 1284989564_thumb.jpg

Guest Max Stafford

It certainly is pretty Chris. Please make sure they don't sell out on Thursday night in Glasgow! :D By the way, can you remember the name of that hotel we all stopped at? I need to book again!

Dave.

• 1 month later...

Due to the number of requests, we've decided to put the Landrover on mail order AFTER the Warley show. However the post, packing and handling pushes the cost up (that's why we were only going to do it at shows). It will be £6.50 (£5.83 to subscribers). PLEASE don't try to order until AFTER Warley as the stock will not be at the mail order warehouse until then and they won't be able to supply.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I was very pleased with my Model Land Rover which I obtained at Warley. But was surprised to see that it's now a standard release from Oxford Diecast and I thought it was exclusive to Model Rail.

This months announcements from Oxford Diecast has it on page 10.

Looks identical to me and the part number is the same as on mine SP029. The Oxford Diecast being a standard release means no limit on the number being produced only depends on the demand.

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/ebooks/globe138/

No idea of the price I paid but am pretty sure that it was more expensive than Oxford Diecasts one just to rub salt into the wound.

Especially as I have just taken advantage of the new 2 year subscription deal grrrrr.

I was very pleased with my Model Land Rover which I obtained at Warley. But was surprised to see that it's now a standard release from Oxford Diecast and I thought it was exclusive to Model Rail.

This months announcements from Oxford Diecast has it on page 10.

Looks identical to me and the part number is the same as on mine SP029. The Oxford Diecast being a standard release means no limit on the number being produced only depends on the demand.

http://www.oxforddiecast.co.uk/ebooks/globe138/

No idea of the price I paid but am pretty sure that it was more expensive than Oxford Diecasts one just to rub salt into the wound.

Especially as I have just taken advantage of the new 2 year subscription deal grrrrr.

MR Landrover is £3.95 at shows but for mail order we have to add post, packing and handling charge, hence the reason we only sold it at shows. However, we were under such pressure to sell by mail order that we agreed to do so but, inevitably, it costs more by mail.

CHRIS LEIGH

Archived