Bonnybridge MRC Exhibition

Craig Watson

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Once again we will be holding our annual exhibition on the 2nd and 3rd of October.

The exhibition will be held at Bonnybridge Community Education Centre, Bridge Street, Bonnybridge, FK4 1AA

Adults £3.50, Concession £2.50, Family (2&2) £8

16 layouts, trade support, raffle and display stands,

Layouts

Culreoch

Manor Lane

Whyte Hills Pass

Inveravon Riverside

The Tram Stop

La Rochelle

Otterburn

Museum of Transport

Elliot Bridge

Rosebank Junction

Balbirnie Mills

Annan Road

New Garnock

20th Century Trams

Thomas the Tank

Larchlap to Candleford

Trade

Nairnshire Modelling Supplies

Fine Frames

Doon Valley Models

MB Models

Douglas Blades

Scottish Garden Railways

Displays

Robert Glass - Resprays

Tom Rintoul - Trucks

DEMU

Hope to see you there.

Craig

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Once again we will be holding our annual exhibition on the 2nd and 3rd of October.

The exhibition will be held at Bonnybridge Community Education Centre, Bridge Street, Bonnybridge, FK4 1AA

Adults £3.50, Concession £2.50, Family (2&2) £8

16 layouts, trade support, raffle and display stands,

Layouts

Culreoch

Manor Lane

Whyte Hills Pass

Inveravon Riverside

The Tram Stop

La Rochelle

Otterburn

Museum of Transport

Elliot Bridge

Rosebank Junction

Balbirnie Mills

Annan Road

New Garnock

20th Century Trams

Thomas the Tank

Larchlap to Candleford

Trade

Nairnshire Modelling Supplies

Fine Frames

Doon Valley Models

MB Models

Douglas Blades

Scottish Garden Railways

Displays

Robert Glass - Resprays

Tom Rintoul - Trucks

DEMU

Hope to see you there.

Craig

HI all,

As per Craig's list....

DEMU will be attending with the Roadshow.

Instant membership etc available at the show!

We hope to have time to do another variety of demonstrations.

I say hope as Mike is there with New Garnock and we need to help him with the operating.

So - If you are around, into DCC and like to model - let us know.

Who knows - you might end up as an operator on Mike's layout!

See you at the show......

Cully's all packed and ready to be loaded into the car on Friday :)

Like the folks posting above, I hope to see you there. It looks quite a line up, and I'll have to make sure I don't let Annan Road distract me when I'm playing with my own trains!

Please do say hello.

• RMweb Premium

Cully's all packed and ready to be loaded into the car on Friday :)

Please do say hello.

I would if I was able to visit, but still not mobile. Have a good day all, and any RM Webbers not exhibiting, please make sure you've got a camera so that those like me who can't get there can have a look - it sounds a very interesting lineup.

Manor lane all set up for this weekends show plenty others there to drool over too Culreoch and Elliot bridge to name just two if you are going drop by and say hello im sure you will have a good day if you do come along.

• RMweb Gold

I would if I was able to visit, but still not mobile. Have a good day all, and any RM Webbers not exhibiting, please make sure you've got a camera so that those like me who can't get there can have a look - it sounds a very interesting lineup.

HI all,

Will try and remember to take plenty of photos this year!

Will then appear somepoint in my photobucket gallery...

Probably in a gallery a bit like this one:D

Thanks

Decided last minute to nip up and see the show. Fantastic and will return again.

Those blasted roadworks on the canal bridge meant I had to abandon my car on the other side of the canal and got caught in the torrential downpour. Mrs Puffmeister and the 2 kids also got a soaking. :angry:

So it was a bit of a damp afternoon for us - didn't realy have much time to chat as I was too busy chasing the kids preventing them touching and damaging models!

Congrats to the award winners in particular Big Jamie who seemed rather shocked for his award!

Anyone help with a question with Elliot Bridge please?? The girder railway bridge spanning the road - can anyone advise me on how was that constructed as that is the type of bridge I'm looking for for my own proposed layout.

Cheers

• RMweb Premium

Hi all,

Glad to see everyone seemed to enjoy the show, being there for setting up on Friday, an hour on Sat afternoon and all day Sunday I didn' t hear one negative comment!

Our own Rosebank layout seemed to please, even though it was running well outwith its previously shown periods, it was only decided to include it in the show due to a last minute pull out and the club agreed to use it to show the varied interests of the members partly to try and atract some new blood into the club, thats why over a ten minute period you could see a silver LNER Silver Link set, a Colas intermodal, an LMS Royal Scot set, an EWS hauled Northern Belle set along with various others including a DB ICE set and a VIA P42 with VIA Budd streamliners in tow:)

I spent quite a bit of time watching La Rochelle, which was running in Toronto area guise, I lent the operators my new O.N. Rail Athearn SD70 for the day on Sunday too and have attached some pics below.

Overall from the club's point of view it was another successful show, we already have the hall booked again for next year so it's all systems go fo the team as we start planing all over again:)

Cheers

Craig

post-291-055188100 1286210596_thumb.jpg

post-291-050545600 1286210983_thumb.jpg

post-291-085380900 1286211089_thumb.jpg

post-291-025139100 1286211429_thumb.jpg

post-291-081971000 1286211451_thumb.jpg

Hi Craig, I agree Rosebank was actually a joy to watch all the different modelling periods especially the Canadian trains which were a bit of a surprise!

The Sunday afternoon when we arrived it was a very pleasant and relaxing experience (to a point with the kids!) and it was nice to bump into a couple of old faces.

Look forward to next year!

Congrats to the award winners in particular Big Jamie who seemed rather shocked for his award!

Not half :lol: :lol: :lol:

A really, really good wee show you's have got going in Bonnybridge, good stuff on show and a friendly atmosphere.

Congratulations Jamie. See. we did say we would vote for you and now look what happened!

Seriously, congratulations. Both you and Culreoch deserve the award for an entertaining

and well detailed layout. Keep us all informed about the next show you are invited to.

Jim

My pictures now at: http://devorgilla.fotopic.net/c1904436.html.  

Not as many as I would have liked but too many blurred ones from rushing.  Hope of interest.  In the unlikely event of layout owners/clubs wanting full size copies please just PM me.

The canal bridge works were a bit of a pain and unfortunate timing.  Had hoped to be there sooner than I managed but did eventually get there to test Jamie's patience with my "new operator" hat.

I assume it is planned to be same weekend as swapmeet at Falkirk?  If so would it be worth mentioning that in the publicity material?  I had forgotten all about it.

Cheers, 26power

Archived