point hand levers in OO

I'm looking for OO non-working hand levers for yard pointwork. I've seen such a thing on other people's layouts, and it looked so much better than the mystery "how-do-the-points-work?" look I've got at the moment. One feature of Trafford Park were the white painted levers on the trackwork. Some of these levers still work, even after some ten years at least of not being used*.

Are such things available off the shelf either as ready to plant or kit form? They don't have to be working, just a scenic representation. Thanks in advance.

*I may have tried some of the points near the Cerestar plant when last there. At the time the line was severed by building work, so no risk of trains (though several companies would have been busy removing their clutter from the tracks had trains turned up, long before they reached me)

• RMweb Gold

...or use 1mm copper wire stripped from twin and earth. Flatten in a vice leaving the end round for the handle, bend to desired shape, stick in plasticard for base - looks the business and easily and cheaply replaced if broken.

• RMweb Gold

...or use 1mm copper wire stripped from twin and earth. Flatten in a vice leaving the end round for the handle, bend to desired shape, stick in plasticard for base - looks the business and easily and cheaply replaced if broken.

Oh Phil, you lovely man - sheer genius! that's saved me buying another pack of four (Dart levers!) for the single new point that is planned for Summat :D :D :D

I've just bought some from Dart castings in the end. I bought a couple of lever frames for making into ground frames too - I figured that they could be justified given the number of points, and they will avoid having too many levers in harms way. They seem pretty reasonably priced, and postage was only a quid.

Are the levers in ground frames painted any particular colour? These would represent simply a means to change points, though what colours would be used on locking levers? (to prevent points being set for strange conflicting routes). If I had other levers representing control of ground signals, would these need to be painted a different colour again? I take it that hand switches for points were always white so that they were visible enough to not walk into/trip over?

Levers on ground frames follow the same painting scheme as in signal boxes. I.E. points black, FPL's blue, signals red.

Levers on points where there is no locking or signals are black with the upper portion white, as you say, for safety.

I realise that the original enquiry has been resolved, but I thought the exquisite etchings from Southwark Bridge Models deserve mention, as they can provide a number of different designs.

Detail Matters also provide a ready-painted pack of four which I have found ideal for my purpose.

Archived