RMweb

Falkirk MRC Exhibition

Craig Watson

• RMweb Premium

Falkirk MRC will be holding their 29th annual exhibition on the 27th & 28th November

The show will be held at,

Forth Valley College,

Grangemouth Road,

Falkirk

FK2 9AD

The show will be open from 10am-5pm both days.

Layouts attending

Grove Street "N"

Big Trains on the stage (Canadian G scale)

Invercarron "OO"

High Field "N"

Thomas the Tank "OO"

Fouldubs Loco Depot "O"

Cripps Bottom Yard "OO"

St Marnock Engine Shed "O"

Manor Lane TMD "OO"

Bramblewell Green "O"

Spitzwiesertal "N"

Middle Hill "OO"

Springfield Yard "HO"

New Garnock "OO"

Teeside Steel "O"

Tri-ang Battle Space "OO"

Old Blarney "OO"

Airthrey Park "OO"

Burnfoot "OO"

Nettlcombe "OO9"

Trade

Pooleys Puffers

Border Counties Railway Coy

Bill and Bernie Trains and Die casts

Douglas Blades

Nairnshire Modelling Supplies

Doon Valley Models

Morays Models

North Road Trains

Robbies Rolling Stock

Model Depot

Scottish Garden Railways

John Thomson

McLaren Models

TGauge.co.uk

Trains on Time

Fine Frames

Finishing Touches

Keith's Models

Squires Model and Craft Tools

Videoscene/Train Crazy

M.B. Models

Scottish Railfans

Demonstrations

DEMU

Robert Glass resprays

More info can be found at http://www.falkirkmrc.com/index.php

Hopefully we'll see you there!

Cheers

Craig

Count me in for most of Saturday please. Might even persuade my 11 year old to join his sad old man.

Craig - Are you able to say what era the layouts are?-

Airthrey Park - I have seen often as BR blue - is it showing that way - or modernized?

Stuart

HI ALL, JUST AN UPDATE ON THE SHOW. SO FAR ONE TRADER FROM UP NORTH AND AN EXHIBITOR FROM DOWN SOUTH HAVE HAD TO WITHDRAW BECAUSE OF THE SNOW DRIFTS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE AREAS :( . EVERY THING IN PLACE SO LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR A SUCCESSFUL WEEKEND. :rolleyes: . AS I WRITE THIS ARTICLE I HAVE JUST LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND WE HAVE HEAVY SNOW FALLING. :( :( CHEERS JOE.

• RMweb Gold

HI ALL, JUST AN UPDATE ON THE SHOW. SO FAR ONE TRADER FROM UP NORTH AND AN EXHIBITOR FROM DOWN SOUTH HAVE HAD TO WITHDRAW BECAUSE OF THE SNOW DRIFTS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE AREAS :( . EVERY THING IN PLACE SO LETS KEEP OUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR A SUCCESSFUL WEEKEND. :rolleyes: . AS I WRITE THIS ARTICLE I HAVE JUST LOOKED OUT THE WINDOW AND WE HAVE HEAVY SNOW FALLING. :( :( CHEERS JOE.

HI Joe,

I also have big white flakey things falling from the sky!

Will be up early to see if I can get to the show.

Car already loaded....

Thanks

I planned on going on the Sunday but if the trains to Falkirk Grahameston(?) are disrupted; I'll probably cancel.

The Met forecast is heavy snow on Sunday morning.

Mac.

I planned on going on the Sunday but if the trains to Falkirk Grahameston(?) are disrupted; I'll probably cancel.

The Met forecast is heavy snow on Sunday morning.

Mac.

I managed to get to the show from Edinburgh Park, via a bus replacement to Linlithgow and then normal train service from there on to Falkirk Grahamston. Everything was fine, even the replacement bus was fine.

Decent show as always with some decent trade as well. Well worth the effort.

Honourable mention to the ever excellent Airthrey Park, which never fails to entertain. Great layout with great stock and the sound is just the dogs danglies. Plus special thanks to the guys at the end of today who talked me through the in and outs of DCC.

Another mention to the two O gauge steam shed layouts both exhibiting 'real' steaming locos which were just great. St Marnock in particular got my vote for best in show despite having a broken turntable which was taking all the operators attention. Great layout though, just oozing the correct atmosphere.

Well done to the Falkirk boys on another great show.

THANKS MILLER BOY FOR YOUR GREAT COMMENTS. :D I AM PLEASED YOUR JOURNEY WAS WORTHWHILE :lol: MY EXHIBITION COMMITTEE HAVE WORKED REALLY HARD THIS YEAR TO BRING A REALLY GREAT SELECTION OF GAUGES, HOPEFULLY TO SATISFY MOST WHO ATTENDED :rolleyes: I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING CRIPPS BOTTOM UNFORTUNATLEY IT WAS SNOWED UNDER IN ENGLAND. :( I WOULD LIKETO THANK ALL THE PUBLIC WHO MADE A GREAT EFFORT TO GET TO THE EXHIBITION TODAY. :D CHEERS JOE.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I have a warning for 15 to 25cm of snow at 60% probability of occurance.

Locations effected:-

Scottish Eastern Borders, Central, Fife and Perthshire.

Time:-

Overnight Saturday 27th to 6am 28th

Advice:-

Motirways and Trunk Roads have overnight partol - Plough as needed, grit bad areas and known run off locations

Non Trunk A roads - Bus routes should be gritted by 09.00 Sunday

Main source - Midlothian Council - Filtered from Met Office Ice Alert stations by area.

The overview map shows most of the snow to fall over the North Sea.

Hope this helps!

About the show!

Another good production from the Falkirk team.

Broad variety of layouts catering for the majority of interests and scales.

Good selection of Traders - Check carefully for offers - there are some very good ones if you look and they meet your modelling interests.

Don't forget to drop by the DEMU stand to see what we are doing that we wern't doing today!

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Well - We went, we struggled through the snow, ice, wind and rain, we exhibited, we had fun.

We also went home early today!

The loacl weather conditions resulted in the buses not running and this caused the attendance to be a bit thin!

There was also the forecast of more white stuff to come, existing difficulties and road closures etc.

As a result the organisers decided it would be best to close early and get people home before the weather got any worse.

It's always a difficult decision to make.

Who knows exactly what the weather is going to do and whan!

It did result in some people turning up tyo find the show closing and thus restricting the time they had so see the exhibits.

Unfortunately some people turned up after the early close time.

Hopefully they understood the decision!

Thanks

To bad about the Sunday early closing.

At least you made the effort on both days...I always enjoy the friendly atmosphere of the Falkirk Show.

I took one look outside my front door on Sunday and decided against travelling.

Mac.

I made it through for a very pleasant few hours on Saturday Afternoon.

My second visit to this show - and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I thought the layouts were mostly first class and everyone seemed very friendly.

I especially enjoyed the "play value" of the layouts - plenty of action to keep youngsters interested

Well done to all who organised this in the face of adversity

Stuart

Archived