Summer Saturday Manchester to Paignton Peds

pheaton

Here's one from 1988 - it shows the whole train at least; front coach looks like a Mk2 BSO, and the buffet's a Mk3, but the perspective means I'm finding it hard to make my mind up on Mk2/3s for the rest - perhaps someone else can help. I can't lay my hands on any notes for this. It's just possible I may have noted the coaches down, but I might have lost interest by then.

post-6971-0-96878900-1439836688_thumb.jpg

Are you modelling the window-hangers? Seems to have been popular. 

• RMweb Gold

Here's one from 1988 - it shows the whole train at least; front coach looks like a Mk2 BSO, and the buffet's a Mk3, but the perspective means I'm finding it hard to make my mind up on Mk2/3s for the rest - perhaps someone else can help. I can't lay my hands on any notes for this. It's just possible I may have noted the coaches down, but I might have lost interest by then.

attachicon.gif88-6-20.jpg

Are you modelling the window-hangers? Seems to have been popular. 

Thats a Mk2 set, you are right about the mk3 buffet, because there was a shortage of mk1 buffets at the time, but you can tell its a mk2 set because the roofs are smooth, I like 31s and lima made a large number of Pullman mk3s so its an easy rake to prototypically model.

Archived