Paperbrick.co.uk

RobClogs

As a satisfied customer I was about to donate a small sum to paperbrick.co.uk this afternoon, only to find that the very useful website is not accessible, displaying an 'Account suspended' notice instead.

Does anybody know whether the site owner is planning a return?

• RMweb Gold

What a great shame. I have used the site a number of times for various brick buildings when I have wanted something different from what the main texture sites offer. I have made donations in the past but it seems as though not many others have.

I used that site before and it went down as Rowley pointed out, when the owner passed. It did come back though so It may yet return

I have since found the source program that he used to create this website, but I dare not post any links for fear of offending AndyY.

... I take it you have seen these .  http://wordsworthmodelrailway.co.uk/brickpaper.html

Thank you, yes, I've seen those. Their stuff looks fine, but they are offering it for 4mm scale. I'm not sure how well their graphics would scale up to 7mm/ft. By the way, I was lucky enough to obtain a pdf file of one of the patterns I needed (in yellow brick) a couple of weeks ago from the Paperbricks site, before they went into hibernation.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a program called BrickArch that I found on one of the model railway club sites, although I can't remember where and not managed to find it by googling.

It was a free download that lets you print out pages of bricks in different bonds, and also pages of brick arches.

I won't add it here as its not my program but as it was free if any one wants a copy drop me a pm with your email address.

Unless someone can find the site in the meantime

Edited as I have found the site:

http://www.bwwmrc.co.uk/bricks/

Edited by Campaman

I did download the arched brick programme but Windows 8.1 wouldn`t let me open it declaring that it was an unsafe programme.Perhaps an opening for Mr.Wiffen of scalescenes here!.How do other modellers model the brick arch on bridges & tunnel mouths?.

Ray.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I visited the site couple of months ago with the intention of making a donation. The site was still up but is not generating pdf files. I found the same thing today. I did create and download lots of files in 2017, but never got round to making anything with them. I still have the files. I am sure many other files are out there on peoples' hard disks. How about sharing them in the cloud ? It does say on the generated pdf files, 'You are free to use this file for any use', so I assume that includes permission to upload and share the files. Once Christmas and the New Year are over I shall sort out some cloud space and upload a few files.

• Like 4