Bedheim/Thuringia

teetrix

Hi,

after staying here for some months, reading and adding more or less useful comments to one thread or another, I thought it would be good to show some of my modeling.

Some years ago I stumbled across an already existing 7mm NG modular group during a show. It was not my scale (I was into H0e this time), but the guys were very friendly and helpful, answered every question etc. I decided to start a 7mm model (no modul!) project additional to my H0e efforts... 

In the following years I was still a guest, ceased H0e modeling, developed several model kits in 0e  (german O 16.5) and 09 . Together with some friends we even created a module norm for 09, which sadly never really took off. In the following 2 years my "modeling mojo" was hibernating :lazy: .

Last year I took the plunge and started a home layout in 0e, which can also be used in a module arrangement. I only have a space of 1,80 x1,50m (6 x 5 ft):

18795848049_d35201eac1_b.jpg

The red tracks mark modular interfaces, the green tracks belong to the traverser fiddle yard. The yellow tracks resemble a quarry line at 12 mm tracks, which serves a loading facility.

It doesn't match all Fremo specifications, but proved to be suitable at a branch line and was reliable during a 3 day operational meeting. It's pretty much the good old "terminus to fiddleyard" thingy, but if required the terminus can be turned into a trough station.

The planning took some time, courses and trials, but a layout not according to the module norm wouldn't be better in any aspect...

Michael

The modules were built from 10 mm poplar ply. A general view:

20067506291_8816302ec3_c.jpg

The prototype of the station building was at an abandoned metre gauge line. The trackplan is freelance and has, being scale 750mm gauge, the wrong gauge anyway.

aIMG_2639.jpg

Rolling stock for the quarry line:

DSCF2918a.jpg

I used 6mm aluminium tube and "bluepoint" mechanical switches for point rodding ("table kicker" in our module group slang):

20147290343_378c900e96_z.jpg

More to come...

Michael

Thanks for the comment! And yes, "concocted" is the right word  :)

I haven't started landscaping, but I will show some of the rolling stock, especially the not RTR-Fleischmann items. 

A freelance railcar, inspired by some NAG prototypes, built from a lasercut kit developed by me:

aIMG_9102.jpg

Well, this one was sold. As a replacement I will rebuild and finish this, the handmade first pattern, who has donated the chassis and is stored away:

twfertig.jpg

I'm a freelancer by heart, but sometimes I even model real prototypes  :whistle:  This is a quite unknown bagagge/post/fourth class coach of the Plettenberger Kleinbahn. It was rebuilt quite early, and even many Plettenberg fans only know the later guise. Again a self-developed kit:

aIMG_2954.jpg

aIMG_2958.jpg

And its shortened freelance brother (I now, some details are still missing):

aPICT0225.jpg

A diesel loco, utilising the bonnet of a Hobby-Boss 1/72 WR 360, a Roco H0 V60 chassis and some additonal parts, CNC-milled by a friend from CAD drawings made by me:

23850414605_ecaec96f32_z.jpg

and a Krauss 0-6-0, built from a styrene kit by KS Modelleisenbahnen and a Roco chassis, with a lot of alterations:

22741995233_718b3738d6_z.jpg

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for posting this thread looking forward to more updates.

May I ask if the Krauss 0-6-0 kit has a specific reference number please as I can't seem to find it on the website.

Grahame

Hi Grahame,

thanks for the comment. The Krauss has reference number  "7313" and appears at his start page as "Krauss C-Kuppler Wassertalbahn":

The chimney is made by him too, reference number  "7313/S". 

This seems to be the newest catalogue:

http://www.ks-modelleisenbahnen.de/katalog03-15.pdf

The lengthened boiler and the higher smokebox support are modifications by me.  I would gladly send you the drawings/dimenions if you need them.

Michael

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

A little update... An ESU loksound V4 with stay-alive is cramped fitted in. Bell, rear lanterns and couplers are added, a backhead plate is fitted, but not detailed yet. Still a bit of work to do, but it comes together nicely...

26247837211_2cf68d2673_z.jpg

26221665602_0ac825d0b8_z.jpg

Tomorrow I will visit the Busecker 0 gauge days at Giessen. Let's see what's new...

Michael

Exellent thread Michael and inspiring as well, I am also modelling in 7mm NG using a mix of stuff but mainly modified and repainted Fleishmann Magic Train stuff plus the odd bit of Bachmann 0n30,  My problem is its getting very hard to find Magic train stock these days since its been so long since it was discontinued.   Keep up the good work and please keep posting.

Steve

Danke Michael, trouble is postage from Germany or Italy is more than the cost of the models, I looked at UK E Bay this morning and they list much of the available German stock but they are charging around £15 just for postage.    I'll keep looking :)   Steve

• 2 months later...

The model is painted, lights are fitted (incl. a glowing out of the firebox during coal shoveling). Here are pics from the last outing at the "Summer-Sun-Stromberg" modular meeting:

27034012114_c59ea53a62_c.jpg

My friends helped me a lot with the ESU sound decoder. I'm not complete satisfied with the running quality, maybe a bigger powerpack (capacitor) has to be fitted...

27367430530_999ab8fa2f_c.jpg

Michael

• 5 months later...

Something new at Bedheim... to serve a small fuel depot at the line, tankcars should be provided. Without much financial effort, of course.  The nearby quarry offered some surplus flatcars with small wheeled bogies, which served for the transport of heavy loads. Tanks were purchased from a cancelled export order to Austria. Two "couples" were built, one car of each was fitted wit a hand brake and the other not. Here's the first pattern:

31488278785_2a2cfdf54b_c.jpg

31341936212_cdf8c58a78_c.jpg

31488278315_578df4fb8b_c.jpg

Tank and brakeman's cabin are Fleischmann Magic Train, bogies Kadee H0 No. 501 and the frames consist of four lasercuttings from acryl sheet.

Viele Grüße
Michael

Archived