Darlington Model Railway Show Sept 3rd/4th 2016

43110andyb

Darlington Model Railway Club are pleased to announce our 2016 show will be held on 3rd & 4th September 2016 at the Head of Steam railway museum, Darlington.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

My first show in two years this will be for Meopham East Junction. I'm looking forward to it.

Come and make yourselves known, please.

• 2 months later...

Thought I had better post the list of layouts appearing at this years show. So here goes--

Peffermill Road. EM

Jacksonville Yard. HO/OO

Durston Junction. N

Meopham East Junction. OO

Zorbas Mine 16.5mm (On30)

Tywyn Wharf. oo9

Shift'em Sidings. OO

Whitby Quayside. EM

Rookhope. 16.5mm

Brafferton. O

Laken St. Thomas. OO

Queen St. Goods. OO

We would also like to welcome -

Mike Simpson with the 2mm finescale stand and layout.

Simon Howard with his DCC demo stand.

Durham Trains of Stanley

Grosmont books

Tynedale Trains

• 2 weeks later...

More breaking news- not only are our friends at The North Eastern Preservstion Trust (NELPEG) opening their doors to the public but the A1 trust will also be allowing entry to their workshop https://www.a1steam.com/darlington-locomotive-works/ where work is ongoing on the construction of a P2 locomotive -2007 'Prince of Wales' https://www.p2steam.com/ -With this following the success of 'Tornado' built in the same works.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

A good first days show and apart from a leaky roof from the 160+ year old station onto our Thomas layout! James the red engines paintwork remained spotless to his relief and traffic was diverted around the station until the rain eased.

That's no good. I hope no damage was sustained because of this

...can't believe its a years since their last show!  The chance to have a good look round the P2 and the NELPG J27 (in bits) make it a really good day out, but beware of the 2mm men on the footbridge, they may be small (in number), but they will tempt you with a £7 2mm finescale starter kit (a 16tmineral with a length of track)...i managed to control the temptation...and you have been warned.

On behalf of myself and my team (Ray and ChrisH) many thanks to all at the Darlington club. We had a wonderful weekend and "Meopham East Junction" and the operators worked within reasonable constraints.

Considering the the layout has not been out for just over two years, I was very happy with it's running.

The museum staff should also be thanked and the chaps across at the "Prince of Wales" project.

Here's to the next time.

Archived