I've been fiddling around with a shunting plank for a while. My first thoughts were here:- http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/109357-gladstone-street-goods/

I got as far as building the board before I had a change of heart. I’ve folded some of the key ideas in to a bigger scheme which may see the light of day later.

The project I’m working on now is a small goods only terminus in the middle of the Cambridgeshire Fens. Is taken elements from both the Wisbech and Upwell and the less well known Benwick Branch.

I didn’t want a straight W &U layout as I wanted to be able to run a wider range of loco’s such as my J15 and 2MT 260 as well as the 04 and J70's.

The board has been modified and track laying has started. Pictures to follow.

Would welcome any comments

Best Wishes

David

post-6804-0-76732800-1480414891_thumb.jpg

post-6804-0-94392700-1480430895_thumb.jpg

post-6804-0-16573200-1480430918_thumb.jpg

Edited by Windjabbers
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

It's been a while, did you ever progress further with this?

Hi, thanks for your prompt.

Yes, I am still working away at this project, although for various reasons progress has been much much slower than I had hoped.

All the track is down and wired up for DCC operation. I am currently putting in the point motors.

I hope to have it all working by the end of the year. So that when the new J70 come out I will have a layout ready for it.

I will try and post a couple of pictures at the weekend.

Best Wishes

David

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Bit of an update to show that this project is moving forward slowly. Thought I had better get a move on given the J70 will arrive in a few month time. I have wired up the layout for DCC and installed the point motors and switchs. Just need to sort out the frog's and it will all be up and running. Some dull pictures to show 'progrees'

post-6804-0-60150900-1525091716_thumb.jpg

post-6804-0-30265000-1525091742_thumb.jpg

Edited by Windjabbers
  • Like 7