Rochdale Model Railway Group's 2017 Exhibition

Leander

The 53rd Rochdale MRG Model Railway Exhibition Sat 8th April 2017 - Sun 9th April 2017 The Coach House, Lodge Street, Littleborough, Lancashire OL15 9AE

OPENING TIMES:  SAT 10am-4.30pm, SUN 10am-4.30pm

ADMISSION:  Adults £3.00; Accompanied Under 16s FREE        

List of Layouts Attending :

29th Street Wharf - HO - US - 1970s Late 1990s 

Amalgamated Wagon Works - O - East Yorkshire - 1932 

Bonnington Goods - OO - BR (SCR) - 1955-1965 

North Ballachulish - EM -  BR (SCR) - West of Scotland - 1970/1 

Port William - N - BR (SCR) - 1970s/1980s 

The Mill - EM - West Riding Industrial 

Tinsley South - OO - BR (E) - South Yorkshire - 1970s

List of Traders Attending :

Class 40 Preservation Society 

Todmorden Model Supplies 

The Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway Society

post-214-0-58457500-1486715983_thumb.gif

This is the 53rd exhibition organised by the Rochdale Model Railway Group and the fourth to be held in Littleborough, following the success of our first three shows at the Coach House in April 2014, 2015 and 2016.

In the style of our early exhibitions, showcasing the finescale modelling of our members and friends, this is a small, low-key but high quality event featuring a selection of top quality exhibits. Littleborough Coach House is a disability friendly venue with Lift access to upper floor.

The Exhibition is located in the Harvey Room on the upper floor of the Littleborough Coach House, a Community Hub in the heart of Littleborough, nestling in the Pennine hills above Rochdale. The Hall used for the Exhibition has access by both stairs and a lift. Facilities include: 
• A Heritage Centre 
• Tourist Information 
• Local interest books 
• Local arts and crafts 
• Regularly updated arts and crafts exhibitions 

In addition to drinks and light refreshments sold by RMRG, the Cherry Tree Cafe is located downstairs and is open from 9am to 4pm (Saturday) and 9am to 3pm (Sunday), offering breakfasts, lunches and light refreshments.

There is plenty of free car parking in the vicinity of the Coach House and Littleborough Railway Station is a 5 minute walk away.

The journey time from Manchester Victoria is under 30 minutes and the station is served by a half hourly service. Alternate trains go to Blackburn via Burnley and Leeds via Dewsbury. On Sunday the Leeds trains go via Halifax.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is just one week away now.

Look forward to seeing RMWebbers there.

Kevin

attachicon.gifGuide 2017.pdf

Our Exhibition Guide is attached to this post. Either print it out in advance or get a free copy on Saturday & Sunday.

Really wanted to come and see your show, but have 'family celebrations' to attend, hmmm!

I think I'm too old for 21st birthdays. :yes:

I've had far too many of them myself!

• RMweb Premium

On my way to Littleborough now.

Let's hope that the sun doesn't shine TOO brightly this weekend. Looking forward to seeing RMWebbers. Make yourselves known please.

You should recognise my ugly mug from my avatar.....

Baz

The sun is shining brightly in Littleborough and we're open for business. Northern Trains is running a limited hourly service from Manchester Victoria so it is possible to get here by public transport. There's plenty of free roadside parking in the vicinity of the Coach House too.

The sun is shining on Littleborough once again this morning and we're open from 10.00am. At least it makes a change from the snow we used to encounter in February!

The farmers' market is on in the town today too and the bunting's up.

Archived