MODEL RAILWAY EXHIBITION 2017

Woking Leisure Centre

Woking Park

GU22 9BA

Saturday 9th September 10:30 am to 5:30 pm

Sunday 10th September 10:00 am to 5:00 pm

Layouts currently attending

CALIFORNIA COAST - Z

A Piece of the California Coast, with Santa Fe and Rio Grande Trains 1970 to Present Day. Layout Recently Extended

BANBURY - N

Banbury 2011, with Freight from Southampton and the North, Coal to Didcot, and Passenger Trains

DENTDALE - N

West Coast Maineline, Day 1, BR 1955-1967, Day 2, 2000-2016

HINKSEY YARD - N

Double Track Mainline, Passing Engineers Depot, 2010, DBS (EWS)

WHITMOOR - N

A Freelance Through Station and Branch, with Extensive Goods Yard and Loco. Facilities. Set in No Particular Era.

ADDISON PARK - 3mm 14.2 gauge

London Transport Mainline Underground Terminus, 1950's

BALLYCONNELL ROAD - 3mm 15.75 gauge

Great Northern Railway of Ireland, Broad Gauge through Station in County Sligo 1955

PINE BLUFFS AND RED DOT MINE - HO

Era 1956, this fictitious Line, sees Trains from Santa Fe, Denver & Rio Grande, Pine Bluffs & Ceda Falls Railroad

PROSPECT POINT - HO (Std + Narrow gauge)

A Montana 1940-1950, Based, Logging Layout, With 3 Junctions, 1in 25 Gradients and Switchbacks, Where Trains Run a Scale Mile

BRINK VALLEY TRAMWAY - O9

A Freelance 1930's 18" Narrow Gauge Terminus, with Goods Yard, and a Branch to a Quarry

A CORNISH RAILWAY - OO

St Austell Railway Station and Goods Yard, Summer 1982, BR Blue Period

MORTONHAMPSTEAD - OO

B.R/W.R. Branch Line Terminus, 1954-1959

MUCH MURKLE - OO

GWR Branch Terminus, set in the 1930's

SOUTHWICK - OO

Mainline Junction Station, 1958-1966 BR, (S&D or SR)

THIRDLEY LMS - OO

Set In WWII, This Fictitious LMS (ex L&Y) Through Station, with Branch, on the Manchester to Preston Line, in the Wigan Area,

BLACKFRIARS BRIDGE - P4

London Mainline Through Station, run by London, Chatham & Dover Railway set in 1873

HOBBITON END - 5.5 9MM

Set After the Battle of the Rings, the Dwarfs Build Middle Earths First Railway to Link 2 Dwarf Communities, Under the Blue Mountains

PORTWENN - O16.5

A Fictitious Sleepy Cornish Fishing Village, Who’s Main Export is Fish From the Smoke Houses. Passengers & Farm Goods

SLINDON VALE RAILWAY- NOREWOOD FOR SLINDON - O16.5

Fictional Sussex Narrow Gauge Through Station, Operated as a Terminus in Modern Preservation

SELSEY TOWN STATION - O

1925 Terminus on the Branch Line from Chichester Built by Colonel H.F. Stephens

ARIGNA TOWN - O.36.75 ( 5'3")

Fictitious branch of the Sligo, Leitrim, & Counties Railway Irish 5'3"gauge,(1882-1957), Set in 1950's

SCRATCHY BOTTOM HALT AND CLOUD CUCKOO CREEK - GN15 1:24-16.5

Rowland Emett Based Railway With A Small Halt

HAMBLEDEN VALLEY RAILWAY - G 45MM

A Fully Scenic G45 Branch Terminus, Featured in the November 2016 Railway Modeller, Warley Winner 2016

Further details to follow.....

Edited by Geep7

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Please note that my "Brink Valley Tramway" is incorrectly listed as being "OO9". It is "O9" - 7mm/ft on 9mm track representing an 18ins gauge freelance line.

CP

Thanks for pointing that out, i've updated the list above now. Cheers.

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Good show, lots of interest, plenty to buy, nice coffee and muffins, space for everything and everybody, helpful stewards, easy to get to, plenty of parking available and if it was closer to home I'd go again. Actually, I might go again anyway - blow the cost of travel!

The only grumble is that the cafe ran out of sandwiches on Saturday. 

This is not the REC's fault nor the leisure centre as this is an independent operation. 

Next year either take your own packed lunch or  use the cafe in the swimming pool next door, or head into town. 

The town centre can be found by bearing right as you come out of the leisure centre and taking the path to the left of the pool building. Follow the path straight on until you find a path on your left that goes up a slope and through some gates. When you get to the road, turn right and Woking is just ahead of you. There is a Tesco and the Sovereigns pub. Go further into town (under the arch) and there is a host of eateries.

On a positive note I thought that it was a very good show with a good selection of layouts. No EM this year, but P4 and plenty of Narrow Gauge and two very good 3mm layouts. That is Ballyconnell Road and Addison Park. Both worth keeping an eye out for. The live steam layout was very impressive as it was not the usual race track that we are used to seeing. This was a terminus with shunting. Not something that I had seen done with small steam locos nor had I imagined was possible. I compliment the builders for faultless running, tidy operation and decent scenery. This should set a trend.

Andy