Mining Institute, Newcastle

Axlebox

...  I wonder if the jailed Mr Gregg continues to watch his share price. I guess when he inherits he'll use the money to hire yet another very expensive law firm.

P

...  I wonder if the jailed Mr Gregg continues to watch his share price. I guess when he inherits he'll use the money to hire yet another very expensive law firm.

P

He probably does but it's his only connection with the firm now as none of the Greggs family have any control over the business with it being a wholly PLC company now. Though he'll be behind bars for quite a few years now and when he gets out doubt he'll have long left as he was getting on a bit when he was sent down.

...just to get back on topic (says the man who rambles on about real ale pubs)...this gentleman has crushed limestone in his pockets and hes not afraid to trundle it around all weekend...the limestone that is...(photo by Gordon - bluebottle - RMWeb)

post-7286-0-05765400-1442122758_thumb.jp

Edited by Axlebox
  • Like 2

...uncle purse, you're far too old to stay out till 3 or 4 in the morning night clubbing (on your own)...and, apparently there is a show in the middle of Newcastle today...see the above...

Edited by Axlebox

...really busy 1st day, nice cool venue for such a hot day...never thought I'd ever say that about a model railway show...and walking out of the door at 5pm was like stepping off the plane in Magaluf...first the heat hits you and then you get trampled underfoot by the party loving young people...

...back for more of the same tomorrow....

Edited by Axlebox
  • Like 1

Erm, there isn't an airport in Magaluf, but there are two ex Winter olympic Spanish downhill skiers.

If any of those many hen parties that passed the front door of Neville Hall yesterday would like to take advantage of the Bar (cheap alcohol) within Neville Hall today whilst they wobble their way back to the Central Station, I'm sure they would be made very welcome.

P

Great little show today, the highlight of which was seeing an EM gauge 04 shunter running on Alxebox's P4 layout and watching it resolutely stay on the track :)

Johnp

it was a determined little soul...and it did weigh half a pound!

...and it appears on the Middle Peak photo above

Edited by Axlebox

Well that was a busy weekend. I only had time to take two photographs.*

Nicholas Wood seemed to give Kepier Colliery an approving nod. High praise indeed.

post-508-0-01816400-1497868398.jpg

* it would seem the Neville Hall fairies hijacked my camera, as despite only taking the two aforementioned photographs, when I got home I was surprised to find a good number of photographs of one particular layout and a number of self portraits of whom I assume is the culpritt.

The little elf need have no fear as I have done my duty and duly posted the portraits to GrindR (along with; more importantly your contact details) I don't expect you will receive many calls!

P

Edited by Porcy Mane

• RMweb Gold

Great little show today, the highlight of which was seeing an EM gauge 04 shunter running on Alxebox's P4 layout and watching it resolutely stay on the track :)

John

That, as well you know from posts here on RMWeb, is absolutely impossible. I suggest you either visit Specsavers or let us all know what medication you were on!

Mike.

As witnessed by at least three P4 modellers (I'll check to see if the Elf videoed the act whilst in charge of my camera). It seemed to emulate Red Rum clearing Beechers Brook in 1973 whilst traversing frogs but I never saw it derail once. (Did others?)

Having seen an EM Q6 by the same builder accomplish a similar feat on a large P4 layout a good few years ago it's performance didn't surprise me.

A thoroughbred indeed.

P

P.s. I can supply a full list of the medication I'm on but suspect neither of us have the required band width.

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 2

As witnessed by at least three P4 modellers (I'll check to see if the Elf videoed the act whilst in charge of my camera). It seemed to emulate Red Rum clearing Beechers Brook in 1973 whilst traversing frogs but I never saw it derail once. (Did others?)

It certainly never fell of while I was watching despite a few bounces.  Had Tony Wright been there, I'm sure it would have spent most of the time on it's side though :)

John