Class 91 Photos

East Cowton 01/02/16

Following de-wirement.

attachicon.gifIMG_0072.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0073.JPG

As I commented in another thread recently regarding the time it takes to assist a train after such incidents, note the condition of the 'pan', typical in such incidents, if I move that it'll have the wires down the rest of the way to Darlington!

The OHL crew will need to get out to the local switches to isolate and earth the local sub-section, so the fitters can go on the roof to remove the remains of the pan - so I'm going to be here for 3 hours.

Is that a certain "small person" from Donny climbing out of loco 17?......

91109 back in traffic, its on the 06:30 NCL - KGX this morning.

It was reported as being "under assessment" following a fire early in the year, and had seemed to be in a precarious position by most reports

post-30014-0-19125600-1522474337_thumb.jpg

91114 when fitted with the 'Duplex' twin pan. Since removed, the two previous sets of photos I've posted illustrate why it would have been ineffective in event of its been involved in a de-wirement.

• RMweb Premium

91109 back in traffic, its on the 06:30 NCL - KGX this morning.

It was reported as being "under assessment" following a fire early in the year, and had seemed to be in a precarious position by most reports

Hi Mate,

It was in traffic on 14.03.18. I had it from Peterborough to Waverley on 1S18. It was the last class 91 I required for haulage.

Gaz.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mate,

It was in traffic on 14.03.18. I had it from Peterborough to Waverley on 1S18. It was the last class 91 I required for haulage.

Gaz.

Thanks, a bit confusion on the 'grapevine' apparently, it's actually 91119 that's out of service and currently, spare parts...

it's bogies have been swapped with another that required wheel replacement, and it's traction motors used on others that were running on just three working to get them back to full power.

Latest info suggests it will be repaired, though will be a while, but meanwhile.... the 800s are looming on the horizon (allegedly).