Retaining Walls and Buildings from Halifax Powell Street - Free, Collection Only

BurscoughCurves

Hi all,

Due to an upcoming house move I am offering various sections of retaining wall and some buildings that featured on my layout 'Halifax Powell Street'.

Halifax Powell Street - Layout Topics

The items are in 4mm scale and are scratch built. After dismantling the layout I stored these in the loft for future use but some of them are starting to warp due to the conditions up there. As it will be a good while before I build another layout, I'd rather someone make use of these if possible instead of them deteriorating and being binned. 

The warped items could be salvaged with some additional strengtheners. The retaining wall sections could be useful to someone.

Available with the following stipulations:

1. Collection only from South Liverpool L19 on the weekend of 29th / 30th of January.

2. Single person to collect all items in the photos below, first come, first serve. 

3. They are free, however a donation to the Liverpool Womens Hospital is requested.

Northlight engine shed: kitbashed from Wills kits with a scratch built office at the rear. It is mounted to a sub-board has x4 code 75 tracks running into it. Contains modified Peco inspection pits in the interior and is fully illuminated with LED's (items described as illuminated have loose wires and will require an appropriate power source). It was removed as carefully as I could from the main baseboards and is in okay condition.

1.jpg.55a75988618482ed395693fca5362165.jpg

2.jpg.8c6df48fbd8d699bd84eb9e0a40a69fb.jpg

3.jpg.e61ffa2b1e994fe660d9977298fedb5b.jpg

Very low relief station building: foam board and card construction. Stone part is 4mm Slaters dressed stone with a 'modern' Slaters brick office. Also illumined, quite delicate. 

4.jpg.d1fb88ebbc86de4d4e417437cdd6d682.jpg

Retaining wall sections made from Slaters 7mm dressed stone and topped with 4mm Cotswold stone:

5.jpg.afb693ba677d4f23d14c8534a9609b65.jpg 

Various low relief factories: made from mounting card and Slaters plasticard. 'ARCH' factory was one of my favourites but definitely needs some strengthening. 

6.jpg.8696147320456e60158dd378cfa0cdf9.jpg

Long girder bridge with scenic top:

7.jpg.ff374464924916e0f5820bcbd5fd7243.jpg

Anyone interested, PM me.

All the best,

Pete

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Dagnabbit.

One disadvantage of emigration, they would be perfect for Wibdenshaw!

All the best with the house move.

Mike

Cheers Mike.

I do hope someone can make use of them, it’ll be painful to bin them.

Some of the larger factories and the terraced houses are coming with me though.

Looking forward to seeing more of Wibdenshaw.

Pete

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RD400 said:

Hi if this is still available I’m very interested in it as it too good to bin and needs a new home loved the layout it came from and who doesn’t love weathered Yorkshire stone said the Yorkshire man 

Hi RD,

Yes all still available. If you want to drop me a PM and we can pick it up from there.

Thanks,

Pete

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...