mini DV camera.

Can anyone advise how to adjust the date ,or better still eliminate it from the Mini DV camera.The instructions read as follows,''1. build text called TAG.TXT under root directory of the memory card. 2.Open TAG.TXT . write synchronous date according to following format{date] need space with newline 2009/07/22, need space for newline. 12:00:00 With next power on the device will check/analyse TAG.TXT then set system time according to file time. After that the file will be deleted by the system automatically. ''. cannot figure this , any PC buffs able to explain in SIMPLE terms please. Thanks Beeman.

Create a text file (assuming you have windows open "notepad")

In that notepad file write the following:

2010/12/10

leave an empty line, then:

13:16:00 (or whatever the current time is)

Plug in the camera using the USB cable, and do "file - save as" Tag.txt onto the camera's memory card.

When you unplug the camera and boot it up it should now use 2010/12/10 13:16 (and counting) as the date and time.

In mine there was a mini-CD that had a template for this, which might help?

• RMweb Gold

Beeman,

As asked - what model is it ? Sounds awfully complicated to me !

P.O.B - eBay might be your friend if you need one (I got some spares for my stuff from there)

Create a file called TAG.TXT in notepad

Line 1 - date in yyyy/mm/dd

eg

2010/12/03

Line 2 - time in hh : mm : ss

eg

13 : 18 : 23

Save it and copy it to the memory card, power on the camera and it will read this and set the date/time.

I can knock a program up for you (to write TAG.TXT in the correct format) in seconds if that would help ? - you could then copy this to the memory card and power the camera up, both as described

• RMweb Gold

Create a text file (assuming you have windows open "notepad")

In that notepad file write the following:

2010/12/10

leave an empty line, then:

13:16:00 (or whatever the current time is)

Plug in the camera using the USB cable, and do "file - save as" Tag.txt onto the camera's memory card.

When you unplug the camera and boot it up it should now use 2010/12/10 13:16 (and counting) as the date and time.

In mine there was a mini-CD that had a template for this, which might help?

Snap but from Googling it needs spaces in the time :unsure:

When I did mine I used the template - for the format here I was just going from the description in the OP ;)

If it's the same or similar to mine it doesn't appear to have a model number anywhere that I could see, either on the product or in the documentation - and the instructions are of course finest "Chinglish" - but it's a fun bit of kit to play with for the price.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_1&products_id=109578

Some usage info here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/23170-a-trip-around-my-layout-from-the-passengers-view/page__p__232816__hl__%22mini+dv+camera%22__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=232816

Thanks for the replies , finally managed to get it to change the date using the Mini CD. I would prefer to eradicate the date, tried clearing the date on the notepad template,but camera still showed a date. Will it will always default to the original when first programmed, so not possible to eradicate it. Beeman, if you have Paypal it seems you can obtain these for around £9.00/10.00 direct inc p&p from Hong Kong thro ebay.

They are £12 post free from 7day shop without a card, the £20 version I posted includes an 8gb micro-sd card. No worries about long distance post, fees, vat or anything else from them, i'm happy enough with that.

No I haven't found a way of removing the date entirely either, a small niggle though. Glad it worked.

Do an ebay search for "key-fob spy camera" then read the entries carefully - there are some wide variations in price - this came from HongKong and cost me about £3.00 Works very well - you do need to buy a micro SD card (NOTE - NOT AN SDHC - they are not compatible). No CD supplied, and I haven't found a way of removing the date.

post-6688-098389100 1291393981_thumb.jpg

post-6688-051025600 1291393994_thumb.jpg

Searching the internet reveals software called "Logoaway" and "VirtualDub". I read about this when I bought my keyring camera but have not followed it up. It seems to work by overwriting the date/time with whatever background the camera encounters. Seems to work - might be wirth a try. I typed "micro camera removing date" into Google.

Anyone know if the keyfob camera is obtainable in the uk. Also any advice on 'trimming' in video editors. Must be going senile, I have tried three editing programs, and with each when attempting to trim a clip,I finish up with the mid scene bit I am trying to cut out.Rather than the section before and after. This is supposed to work by identifying the 'mark in' and 'mark out' positions. The only way I've managed to achieve is by retaining the first section of a clip after 'trim' then insert the clip into the time line again and take out the shot up to the point where I wanted the scene to continue after the bit I wanted to remove. Hope this makes sense to the educated.Thanks Beeman.

Anyone know if the keyfob camera is obtainable in the uk. Also any advice on 'trimming' in video editors. Must be going senile, I have tried three editing programs, and with each when attempting to trim a clip,I finish up with the mid scene bit I am trying to cut out.Rather than the section before and after. This is supposed to work by identifying the 'mark in' and 'mark out' positions. The only way I've managed to achieve is by retaining the first section of a clip after 'trim' then insert the clip into the time line again and take out the shot up to the point where I wanted the scene to continue after the bit I wanted to remove. Hope this makes sense to the educated.Thanks Beeman.

I have incorporated footage from my keyfob camera into a video of my layout using Pinnacle software. I found it no different from editing footage from my Panasonic video camera. Having added all footage to the timeline, I can then split it at will and delete sections between splits.

Archived