Bachmann Class 37/0 37 251

railroadbill

Been away for a few days and on returning yesterday found my pre-ordered blue class 37/0 had unexpectedly arrived, thanks Hattons. Up in loft tonight for trial run and took a few photos as well.

Initial impressions are that it looks the part, very good finish. Lamp irons, handrails, grills and their darkened finish, fuel tank gauges (full tanks!) and cab door handles, plus very fine windscreen wipers are some details that caught my eye. Runs steadily, rather noisy to start with but getting quickly better with running in. "Domino" headcode illumination about right (on DC).

On downside, pickup strip shows when looking straight on at side of bogies, (needs a bit of black paint), cab lights work but don't switch off on mine, and buffers surprisingly aren't sprung. But overall it's a very good model of a loco from a particular era that I wanted and well worth waiting for. Must go and run it again now...

cheers

Bill

post-4032-0-46747800-1305148056_thumb.jpg

post-4032-0-42267400-1305148093_thumb.jpg

post-4032-0-03851900-1305148138_thumb.jpg

post-4032-0-73665500-1305148474_thumb.jpg

Something looks odd......gap between rail blue edge of nose and the sandbox opening on the yellow part of nose?. Sandbox should be almost ON the yellow/blue divide? Makes nose look too long and hence explains why your buffers are fixed as they are probably at the point of full extension? The cut away one not similarly afflicted. See Gareth Bayer's piece in REx? Other wise it is top banana....

Archived