Bachmann N gauge Buses ( Scenecraft )

Another near miss in the generic bus stakes.

http://www.corgi.co....ndon-2012-games :no:

Mike

Yes... saw one and it's 'Routmaster' (ish) companion today.

I would say that the 'Modern Bus' is supposed to be an AD Enviro 400... :scratch_one-s_head_mini:

I didn't have the means to measure them up properly, but by comparison with an Oxford Routmaster (which is near enough 1:148) I would estimate this effort to be around 1:110 - 1:120. i.e. not a common diecast scale and totally useless for any commonly used Model Railway scale... :banghead:

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I've taken delivery of a trio of Leyland Nationals, along with a a couple of VRs and a Lodekka. The National, thankfully, doesn't appear too bad but the VR and Lodekka are totally dwarfed by an Oxford Routemaster.

Nowt worse than a pair of undersized Bristols, say I!

I have had the oxford route masters RTS RMS AND RF'S since 2009. The only thing with them is no door side mirrors and no back window glazing on the rts and back inset ticket disposal bin and no glazing there either Apart from that good!.mind you the SCENECRAFT harringtons look good and are nicely detailed. look good on my roads anyway..

Mark.

IMGA0076.jpg

• 3 months later...

Scenecraft Harrington Cavalier

I note that Hattons have a(nother?) batch of Harrington Cavaliers in stock this week. As Bachmann/Scenecraft have acknowledged the first models were not produced to British N scale, has anyone any information about the latest batch? Are they still to more-or-less Continental/Japanese scale, c 1/160, or are they from a new tool?

I agree with what has been said about the VR, LN, RELH earlier. On their own, they just about look OK if carefully positioned away from British N scale structures, but keep them a long way from any Oxford N Scale vehicles!

If they have been re-tooled to British scale, I'll buy them - if not, they can remain in the showrooms!

Richard

• RMweb Premium

But Bachmann haven't released any more, so I hoped this might mean they are been retooled to 1:148?

It shouldn't be hard, because they are just scaled down EFE models.

With Oxford moving into 1:148, with that excellent Plaxton Elite coach, I hope we might see many more buses from them. Hopefully a bit of competition might see retooled models, especially bread and butter models like Leyland Nationals and Bristol VRs.

All the vehicles on my layout are from the Oxford range, if I'd known that Farish were looking to bring out a range I would have waited to see what their own are like, however the Oxford range in my opinion is great value for money and you get some really good models (just my opinion mind you).

Archived