Romsey Model Railway Exhibition, 3rd and 4th March 2012

DIW

• RMweb Premium

Once again I am delighted to inform all of the

Romsey and District Railway Modellers' Society's 33rd Annual Exhibition

at Crosfield Hall, Romsey SO51 8GL

post-6816-0-95432000-1325944444_thumb.jpg

Now that you have nice, new fresh diaries for 2012 don't forget to add in for Saturday and Sunday, 3rd and 4th March 2012.

Here also is my sketch map of central Romsey, indicating the car parks and public transport stations.

post-6816-0-12095100-1325944471_thumb.jpg

Further information to be added as the date draws near, or look here:

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I have been made aware that the Romsey Signal Box Project will also be open on the weekend of the Model Railway Exhibition, so there is the opportunity to visit the signal box while in Romsey for the Exhibition.

The location of the Signal Box Project is shown on the sketch map in my previous posting.

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Only 2 weeks to go!

List of Exhibitors and Traders:

Exhibitors:-

Aldermouth - Great Western in O gauge.

Chewton Mendip – Somerset & Dorset in EM (as seen in February’s Railway Modeller).

Strabane - Irish 3ft and 5ft 3in gauges in 4mm scale.

Purbeck – Dorset industrial narrow gauge in 009.

Holm – GWR branch terminus in OO (seen in February 2011 Railway Modeller) website here - (thanks to 'Crofton' of this parish)

Kuppla Yard – US switching layout.

Weiswasser – Swiss mainline in N.

Longmoor - Longmoor Military Railway in N.

Zweibrucken – German commuter line in HO.

Feltwell Road – East Anglian narrow gauge in 009.

Redford Junction – Southern Region in 3mm scale.

The Weatherman – weathering demonstration

Traders:-

Kevin Roberston Books

Railwayania

MJH Models

AAR Models

Talyllyn Railway Preservation Society

Romsey Signal Box project open on both days just a short distance from the exhibition. See here for details.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for that additional info, Dave.

I saaw your layout at Newbury last week - I was able to watch you shunting while DIW jr watched the trains run by on 'Round the Bend' from his seat in therucksack.

Huge thanks to all the exhibitors, traders and visitors that supported our show this weekend. Over a thousand visitors came through the doors over the two days with a surprising number braving the rain, wind, snow and hail this morning!

We were fortunate to have eleven very fine layouts on display again this year so thank you to everyone involved with Purbeck, Longmoor, Holm, Feltwell Road, Redford Junction, Zweibrucken, Weiswasser, Aldermouth, Strabane, Kuppla Yard and Chewton Mendip.

Regards and many thanks,

Patrick

A pleasure Patrick, to be invited to such a friendly and well organised show. Thanks too, to the Catering Brigade for the excellent cooked lunches - I'm still stuffed!!

See you next year?

Cheers

Dave

Kuppla Yard

Must add my thanks too for a great, well organised and well attended show. Must agree with Dave about the catering - first time ever that gluten free food has been provided and I made the most of it!! Club members were most helpful which was much appreciated.

ASHLYN will be available for next year!

Chris

HOLM

Archived