Scalefour North

Torper

• RMweb Premium

I'm a bit surprised that no-one has yet mentioned Scalefour North which will take place at Wakefield College, Thornes Park, Wakefield over the weekend of 21st/22nd April. It's open to members and non members for £4.00 and £6.00 respectively, partners admitted free of charge, tickets valid both days.

There will be seven P4 layouts and 20+ niche traders (no box-shifters, I'm afraid, although with the quality of current RTR being so good, maybe one might be considered one day?). Also a full programme of lectures and demonstations - see http://www.scalefour...hows/shows.html for full details.

DT

I'm a bit surprised that no-one has yet mentioned Scalefour North which will take place at Wakefield College, Thornes Park, Wakefield over the weekend of 21st/22nd April. It's open to members and non members for £4.00 and £6.00 respectively, partners admitted free of charge, tickets valid both days.

There will be seven P4 layouts and 20+ niche traders (no box-shifters, I'm afraid, although with the quality of current RTR being so good, maybe one might be considered one day?). Also a full programme of lectures and demonstations - see http://www.scalefour...hows/shows.html for full details.

DT

Always well worth a visit, especially for the 4mm brigade.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to report the following from Exactoscale today, regards Keith.

I’m sorry to announce that Exactoscale will not be at Scalefour North next weekend. Len Newman is not at all well - he’s had various family problems and it seems likely the stress of dealing with them caused old health problems to return. Now he needs an operation and meanwhile is in a lot of pain. He’s clearly not able even to help sort out stock to make it possible for me to do something at Scalefour North on my own.

From our point of view, it’s a big loss as Scalefour North is one of the best shows for P4 sales. I shall attend as an ordinary visitor, probably on the Sunday, but will not be in a position to do any Exactoscale business.

Obviously, as Len manages all our mail orders, Exactoscale are basically not able to do any business at all at present and it is not clear when things will get back to normal.

I am very sorry about this - there have been difficulties for some time and we will have frustrated or disappointed many potential customers.

An additional complication is that, following upgrading to MacOS 10.7, I am not yet able to update the Exactoscale website (I need to upgrade Dreamweaver too!) and so am not able to advise customers of our problems. If non-members comment on Exactoscale’s non-performance, please pass on the information I’ve given here.

Andrew Jukes

Exactoscale Ltd.

• RMweb Premium

All set to be off tomorrow with a first class ticket down to Wakefield (book early, surprisingly cheap). Really looking forward to this one which I find genuinely inspirational although I also fear that I'll spend rather a lot of money - shopping list is bad enough without the impulse buys.....

DT

Looking forward to it too!

Mike Ainsworth and I will be there all weekend on the Scalefour Society stand. If you're not already a member and thinking of joining it's good value to sign up at the show as you'll get an extra pack of Scalefour News back-numbers as well as being able to claim back the difference in members'/non-members' entrance fee.

If you're an existing member or not though, please do stop by and say hello.

All the Best

Danny Cockling

Scalefour Society

Membership Secretary

All set to be off tomorrow with a first class ticket down to Wakefield (book early, surprisingly cheap). Really looking forward to this one which I find genuinely inspirational although I also fear that I'll spend rather a lot of money - shopping list is bad enough without the impulse buys.....

DT

Perhaps it should be renamed Scalefour Central as a couple of us are coming up from Devon tomorrow! Although by car.

As usual, a great event for the 4mm modeller who enjoys kit building, etc. Ther were some super layouts too, although no big tail chasers. The relaxed atmosphere creates a very enjoyable show, while the demonstrations and presentations apply to any scale/gauge.

Update re Exactoscale. I have today completed all outstanding orders (unless items are out of stock) I posted them today 23 April. I usually do the orders once a week so some patience will be required but I do my best to complete all orders on that day (usually a Monday)

So carry on sending your orders and I will deal with them as fast as possible.

Thanks

Andy.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived