The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

forum mucisians

Gravy Train

Hi Foklks trying to ressurect the mucisians forum thread can't seem to find it.

After much persuasion I have finaly provided a link to a vid mp4 playing a 'Blues Jam'

All critisism welcom i'm used to it on a daily basis :-)

cheers

Peter

http://s823.photobucket.com/albums/zz153/shawbridge_photos/?action=view&current=PetePlaysTheBlues.mp4

• RMweb Gold

After much persuasion I have finaly provided a link to a vid mp4 playing a 'Blues Jam'

All critisism welcom i'm used to it on a daily basis :-)

cheers

Peter

http://s823.photobucket.com/albums/zz153/shawbridge_photos/?action=view&current=PetePlaysTheBlues.mp4

That's cracking - well done. Lovely tone too. What Strat and what amp? I can't quite make out the colour from the vid but it looks similar to my amber US Deluxe with tortoiseshell guard. Can't seem to get that tone though, and I sure as hell can't play like that!

Thanks for posting.

• RMweb Premium

My babies

post-103-0-79614200-1345131183_thumb.jpg

post-103-0-20231600-1345131222.jpg

Sorry about the picture quality

The first is the prototype of the Taylor 414ce and the second is a 1950s Hofner Congress once owned by film composer, the late Malcolm Lockyer and which I can't get to resize for some reason.

Vapourised like all topics in Wheelappers. Pity as there were many great instruments on there along with some pretty cool users.

Hi Philh,

cheers mate, i was dissapointed with the sound just using a cheapo mike instead of the trusty SM57,

my chain was original USA 1978 sunburst, Vox AC30cc2x alnico blues, Boss ME5 and Yamaha Magicstomp, the ME5 was only used for the EQ.

The strat colour finish has worn over time the rear of the guitaris still mostly sunburst.

cheers

Peter

Peter, Love your viddy. I wished I could get on with Vox - I just don't but I love how other people sound with them!

I'm a Fender Tweed and BF but mostly early Marshall (JTM45) type of guy.

All my music is on my Imac - which is down right now.......

Here's a pick of my Fender Custom Shop '58 Reissue in Sea Foam Green (which I just dug out for someone else) picked it up used from Mandolin Bros. They reissued all the custom colours from that year in that batch. Neck is interesting, big and fat, birdseye on the front, flamed on the back.

post-9016-0-83296200-1345203073_thumb.jpg

Best, Pete.

Hi Pete,

Love the guitar, would love to own a custom shop 58 fiesta red but its justifying shedding out £2500.

the video link should direct you to about 6 vids but mostly shadows with the EFTP dedicated effects for each tune, i'm told that sleepwalk is ver close to the original Shadows first LP version both in terms of notes and sound, its not far off I guess.

cheers

Peter

There's some guy in California (I'll post his name when I remember) that is producing duplicate Tele pick ups of Jimmy Page's "Dragon" Tele which he used mostly on Led Zep's I, II and III.

Is that Swamp Ash btw or what?

Best, Pete.

Thanks guys, AFAIK it's European Ash, a beautiful 2 piece blank donated by a friend.

It's certainly not swamp ash, that body weighs in at a hefty 2.9Kg (~ 6.5 lb ) as it stands.

As for pickups, I'm considered somewhat of a heretic by the purists, I'll be fitting EMG's to it :whistle: ,then putting it through a Marshall :D

As for pickups, I'm considered somewhat of a heretic by the purists, I'll be fitting EMG's to it :whistle: ,then putting it through a Marshall :D

EMGs... +1 from me. One of these days I'll get round to dropping some SAs into my Strat. post-6672-0-24621700-1345313966.gif I'm going to replace the Floyd Rose with a Kahler too, but that's going to take a bit more work with the router so I'd really want to do it all in one hit.

Very nice Blues Peter, very restrained & tasteful....very nice vibrato too (BB would be proud of you !)

EMGs... +1 from me. One of these days I'll get round to dropping some SAs into my Strat. post-6672-0-24621700-1345313966.gif I'm going to replace the Floyd Rose with a Kahler too, but that's going to take a bit more work with the router so I'd really want to do it all in one hit.

EMG's get my vote too, afraid I don't play much these days, but I still have a couple of Tokai Strat's with EMG's (SA,SA, 85) ..........then into a Ibanez Tube Screamer & Cry Baby .......then into a Fender Super Champ, my son plays them more than I do now though.

Cheers Phill

I have to admit to being less of a guitarist and more of a songwriter, but I am still a bit of a guitar geek. These are two out of my collection. I finally found a Cyclone 2 last year and it is easily the best Fender I have played.

post-6976-0-13007400-1345389259_thumb.jpg

The Gretsch is a bit like a classic car. If you take it anywhewre be prepared for some problems.

post-6976-0-36839500-1345389282_thumb.jpg

I use a Vox modelling amp at the moment but I am looking to get some sort of head and cab combo at some point.

I couldnt get any music out of Gravy Trains link unfortunately. Ivories for this lad........ :gamer:

post-6680-0-53426300-1345328743.jpg

Hi Larry,

sorry the link doesn'r work for you it appears to be okay, i will try to send you one via other means, great to see you having another crack at Greenfield, will respond to your posts we only just got going again rte our computer.cheers

Peter

Sorry! I was struck dumb by the idea of of EMG's plus a Kahler......................just an old fart, I guess................ :drag: :sungum:

Like to hear it though.

Steve Rothery used this combination for many years on a Strat, and here's an example. Among other snippets, see time index:

1.25 - 2.30 and 6.02 - 7.07 for the solos: either an an Analogman modded Boss DS-1 or Lexicon MPX-G2 thru Laney heads/cabs.

3.13 - 5.30 will give an idea of the clean sound thru a Roland JC120 with a CE-300 chorus.

The chain is something like guitar > Lexicon MPX G2 > Groove Tubes Trio preamp > TC 2290 > Groove Tubes Dual power amp. Then a whole bunch of effects are post-pre-amped out of the 2290.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aasDv4f53BI

Archived