Corris 25th, 26th & 27th of August

Neil

• RMweb Premium

Well if you're in Wales and the bank holiday weather is up to the usual unpredictable standard of the British summer then you might like to while away some time in Corris. Not only on the railway itself but also at the neighbouring school in the village where the annual Corris Model Railway Exhibition is held.

mrte_2012_poster.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Well if you're in Wales and the bank holiday weather is up to the usual unpredictable standard of the British summer

Yep, if it's raining, we'll be there. If it's not, we will probably be there anyway..

Enjoyed last year's show, especially the layout Corris - will it be there this year?

Polly

• RMweb Premium

.... Enjoyed last year's show, especially the layout Corris - will it be there this year?

Polly

I'm happy to confirm it will be returning this year. Super model of Corris station.

• RMweb Premium

Visited today in that rare thing called sunshine. :sungum:

Ray picked up a neat idea from way out east (courtesy of Loweston) for a fiddle yard / turntable affair which should sort out his space shortage on his new Southern (way out west) layout (YTBN :scratchhead:) while I was parting with some readdies for a 14xx for Great West Road.

Great to see Corris again and some familiar as well as new faces. As the weather was so good we ventured up the track on the steam loco which had just had one of its coil springs repaired after a failure in the morning. Enjoyed the guided tour round the sheds and potted history of the locos.

Well worth a visit if you're in the area.

• RMweb Premium

It's a great pity that this thread wasn't started until 21st August when I was in Porthmadog on holiday and therefore out of reach of the forum. If I'd known I'd have visited yesterday on the way home. Nice railway, the Corris.

Regards

My apologies, I usually put a mention for the Corris Exhibition in a bit earlier, but this year I got caught out by the silent and inexorable creep of time.

• RMweb Premium

... and house maintenence do take proirity in good weather!

Yes, it was an excellent day for painting the exterior.

I did notice Ray eyeing up the portable scaffolding in the carriage shed with half a thought on the job-to-do...

Archived