GWR Z2 Gunpowder Van- new release from Parkside-Dundas

Fat Controller

• RMweb Premium

A bit surprised - but then I often miss prototype photos - but am yet to find a GPV with no red cross. Some are prettty faded (good old red pigment) though all seen so far have remained faintly visible.

Available in 7mm ?

See Plate 614 of the Tourret 'bible' - Z3 W105499 in BR grey; lettering on black patches; red G.P.V. on ends; definitely no red crosses on doors.

Admittedly this is a Z3, but I doubt that the Z2 would have been different.

7mm. scale? My Sheet S1 has been available in that scale for some years and is updated to include new 4mm. scale releases from Parkside Dundas; see www.cctrans.freeserve.co.uk/products.htm .

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Thanks. Yes, it looks like you are right. I have to wonder if this is simply BR wiping out the identity of these vans? Could it be that in BR period they were all repainted grey. Leaving the GPV lettering still implies that there was no change of use. Atkins also mentions the official overloading of these vehicles during WW2 (16000 lb as opposed to 10000 lb) this and their increased use must have speeded up wear and tear. Could even have been some refurbishment along with a new paint job.

Thanks for the info on the decals - I was/am struggling a bit with your website.

• RMweb Premium

... I was/am struggling a bit with your website.

As merely a spin-off from my own my transfer requirements, I cannot devote the requisite time to producing an 'all singing, all dancing' illustrated web-site.

Most of the modellers who use my transfers seem to have the requisite prototype knowledge to identify their requirements.

However, I am more than happy to expand on the information provided in response to personal e-mails - the e-mail address is on the web-site.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

http://www.cctrans.freeserve.co.uk/

Archived