class 92 running lights?

Hi all,

I'm about to start the conversion of an old Lima class 92 to a copy of 92032.

I've ordered the gbrf decals from Electra graphics and a set of replacement pantographs however part of the "refit" I want to convert it to DCC and that includes replacing he stupidly bright white LEDs with proper running lights.

I've found loads of photos of 92032 in daylight, but I'm struggling to find any examples of it displaying the running lights.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks,

Matt

By running lights, I presume you mean the two white lights on the cab front, which are illuminated in the direction of travel. They're not that bright, so might not show up too well in daylight. I'm not sure if the light above the cab (which always seems much brighter to me) is always illuminated- if one of my '92' drivers is on duty tonight, I'll try and remember to ask them.

Have you tried E-mailing Europorte themselves to ask if they've any photos? The E-mail on their web-site is:- gbrfinfo@gbrailfreight.com

By running lights, I presume you mean the two white lights on the cab front, which are illuminated in the direction of travel. They're not that bright, so might not show up too well in daylight. I'm not sure if the light above the cab (which always seems much brighter to me) is always illuminated-

Yes it is.

Thanks both,

I actually meant "any lights that are on whilst the train is running", I didn't realise that running lights was an "official" description! (that's what you get when an amateur mixes with the pros I guess...)

If anyone has shots of a 92 with any lights on, especially head/rear, that would be excellent. :-)

Matt

• RMweb Gold
5945656574_1afed6d061.jpg

Looking at pictures these are the 'normal' running set-ups for lights, much the same as all other modern locos.

Option 1. Day running

Driver's side marker light, secondman's side headlight

option 2. Night running

Secondman's side marker light, driver's side headlight.

The top headlight seems to be independent control and used when required

Tail lights:

Both together, but only when light engine, never when hauling a train.

Hope that helps

Andi

Archived