Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

• RMweb Gold

I can't see the picture would this be appropriate?

CDV-777-2.jpg

I just google radiation monitor

Jaz,

It worked for me just after I put the post up but the picture has gone now!  :O

The one you have will be fine, or this one, whichever is easier.

I must return the compliment to you and Kal.  1890s though.  I will put up some pictures later and perhaps you can chose, unless Kal wants a military one in a pointed sun helmet.

• Like 1

I need to do more work on the High Priest of Mischief. But he is still drying.

Meantime this was an easy fix, as I am merely updating a figure already painted.....

So I give you ChrisN....our Mad Scientist.....

med_gallery_17883_3112_421468.jpgrmweb1262madscientist1

new white coat

a touch of grey hair

med_gallery_17883_3112_309721.jpgrmweb1263madscientist2

blue gloves and small radioactive yellow monitor.

med_gallery_17883_3112_6929.jpgrmweb1246madscientist3

notice the blue pen in his top pocket

hope the red tie and blue jeans are ok

med_gallery_17883_3112_298989.jpgrmweb1265madscientist4

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

I need to do more work on the High Priest of Mischief. But he is still drying.

Meantime this was an easy fix, as I am merely updating a figure already painted.....

So I give you ChrisN....our Mad Scientist.....

med_gallery_17883_3112_421468.jpgrmweb1262madscientist1

new white coat

a touch of grey hair

med_gallery_17883_3112_309721.jpgrmweb1263madscientist2

blue gloves and small radioactive yellow monitor.

med_gallery_17883_3112_6929.jpgrmweb1246madscientist3

notice the blue pen in his top pocket

hope the red tie and blue jeans are ok

med_gallery_17883_3112_298989.jpgrmweb1265madscientist4

Jaz,

What can I say, Brilliant!  And less grey hair than I actually have.  

Thank you

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Jaz and Kal,

The Preiser figures are quite nice but they will be difficult to show you. Here are some exceptional quality figures from A C Stadden.  They are really nice although they may not look as good once I have painted them.

There are other figures from other companies but not as good quality.  I can do soldiers as I have said, they will just need a little work to remove weapons.  If on the other hand you have an alter ego in Monty's Models, just tell me & I will back date it.

Did I tell you I was chuffed to bits?

ChrisN

I rather like the lady in set one,number seven.the lady with the big hat and her arm on her hip......I also  like the detail on her skirt (a back up would be the lady with the brolly)

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Jaz,

That is fine.  I assume that from an earlier comment on an image your hair is brown  Do you have a colour scheme preference for the jacket and skirt?

Please be prepared to be underwhelmed.

Kal laughed and said leopard skin skirt and a polar bear jacket.(my faux fur is probably more lynx but yeah it is predominately creamy white) :sungum:

Now the cheeky devil is saying there is one of me out side Kalborough Union station....the streetwalker.......cheeky swine :triniti:

I do like loud colours. Black and fuchsia,

turquoise, navy blue,green,

its true I do like imitation cat skins,

now funeral colours in Victorian times were grey,black and lilac/amerthyst/purple so that might be a good choice. The skirt can be dark grey and the dots a loud red purple. The hat can be pale lilac and deep amethyst. The hair is brown with a little bit of grey streaks (too little possibly show at this scale. 

and as Kal keeps ribbing me he might look good.....in a coffin...... :sarcastichand:

Kal says think Princess Fiona from Shrek....either version......

I do wear subdued colours you understand I do have taste.....but in general I tend to be loud. 

Kal looks a bit like Alexei Sayle.....and in my opinion can be as funny as......

• Like 1

And the colouring, which looks stark at the moment but it is only the first coat

med_gallery_17883_2878_254786.jpgrmweb126810

But I bit the bullet because Boris pointed out the slabs are only 4in (100mm) and mine was waaaay to big. It would have bugged me. 

It will make the platform more delicate .......but if repairs become necessary I will just have to live with it

med_gallery_17883_2878_337417.jpgrmweb1269goathlandplatform11

the cut above coincidentally adds another layer of bricks, which is fine the platform has 4 or 5 layers as you look along its length. So that is fine, and perhaps once the ballast is down I might be glad of the extra layer.

@JC

Do you have a better picture of the cat......although

I can use your avatar ...as the cat will be small anyway. Do you want any type of clothing? Hair colour. Do you have a scarecrow? Because I do have one. Anything particular would be useful. Unless you are happy with a guy on a tractor? The one sitting on the engine could have a laptop, then I just need to do the cat...I'm looking for the second cat to see what it is like, the wite metal once is sitting down.

• RMweb Gold

Kal laughed and said leopard skin skirt and a polar bear jacket.(my faux fur is probably more lynx but yeah it is predominately creamy white) :sungum:

Now the cheeky devil is saying there is one of me out side Kalborough Union station....the streetwalker.......cheeky swine :triniti:

I do like loud colours. Black and fuchsia,

turquoise, navy blue,green,

its true I do like imitation cat skins,

now funeral colours in Victorian times were grey,black and lilac/amerthyst/purple so that might be a good choice. The skirt can be dark grey and the dots a loud red purple. The hat can be pale lilac and deep amethyst. The hair is brown with a little bit of grey streaks (too little possibly show at this scale. 

and as Kal keeps ribbing me he might look good.....in a coffin...... :sarcastichand:

Kal says think Princess Fiona from Shrek....either version......

I do wear subdued colours you understand I do have taste.....but in general I tend to be loud. 

Kal looks a bit like Alexei Sayle.....and in my opinion can be as funny as......

Jaz,

I will begin to look into it next week and see what colours I have and need to get.  Is the gentleman on the right of the lady all right for Kal, as he is the only one with a beard?  If not I could do something with this.

The platform looks stunning.  Where do you find the time?  I seem to have spent most of the evening posting on the Forum.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi

Really like the idea of the Rorkes Drift Character, thank you :)

c/sgt Bourne is one of my favourite characters.

Kal,

I will sort something out and hopefully I can butcher modify one to make him look on leave, unless you would like him standing holding his flag?

• RMweb Gold

Flag would be good, maybe it is Rememberance Sunday, or regimental day etc. military oft stayed in inform in those times, often because they had no other cloths.

Kal,

There is an officer on a horse, a colour sergeant and four soldiers with rifles presented, and at least one bugler so it could easily be done.  It will have to be a parade or perhaps an embarkation on the train.  I have seen a photo of troops going off to the Boer War embarking with their weapons but I am not sure there was anyone else around at the time.

Jaz,

Beef stew and rice pudding, ummm.

You may have done the platform earlier but you still have done all that painting and cooked dinner, more than I have managed today.

• Like 1

Jaz,

Here are some better pictures of Pastel. He looks cute and innocent doesn't he? :angel: Don't be fooled. As you can see in the second image he has pulled off a large chunk of wallpaper and has started to scratch the paint off the door. We have bought him a scratching post but he flatly refuses to use it - In his view the walls and door are much better. 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45048295/2014-03-12%2013.26.27.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45048295/2014-03-28%2015.44.11.jpg

In terms of clothing jeans and a T shirt will do me. My hair colour is brown /auburn. I quite like the sound of the tractor driver or the scarecrow (or anything else you happen to think of)- you choose. Given the tractors I have seen on AV they appear to be models of vintage tractors and someone with a laptop would look out of place. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with given your great work I have seen on this thread so far.

Just thought you might like to see a picture of me and Dad in a tractor ploughing a field. The site is owned by a mate of mine.

http://www.midsuffolkagriphotos.co.uk/gallery/gp202.htm - if you really want a challenge you could recreate the tractor and plough -(or a combine harvester)  but I will be more than happy with a figure. 

• Like 1