Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Well there was no choice for it....and again overbite I considered my options. Having tried the DAS I know it will never cope with something so small, and the last disaster darling with the milliput...it was not going to be my first choice.....then it came to me fine copper wire......yes seriously......

luckily there is still a lot left even after building trees. So a quick google on Basset Hounds. A comparison to the p00dle....and I started off.

med_gallery_17883_3112_453596.jpgrmweb1300britfarmer10

• Like 1

Well there was no choice for it....and again overbite I considered my options. Having tried the DAS I know it will never cope with something so small, and the last disaster darling with the milliput...it was not going to be my first choice.....then it came to me fine copper wire......yes seriously......

luckily there is still a lot left even after building trees. So a quick google on Basset Hounds. A comparison to the p00dle....and I started off.

med_gallery_17883_3112_453596.jpgrmweb1300britfarmer10

More.....................Help...........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/life/Phasmatodea

• Like 1

I know I know it looks like a long legged insect....BUT I need to twist the wires and they are thin and fiddly so needs must. Then the body was too long....so I had to shift the legs in a bit...not hard to do...but hard to explain. I tried to shorten the body by twisting the body tighter...and it ended up as Richard III with a twisted back...so untwist new piece of copper and twist the legs back....at which point...it mangled the head and the bum so I turned the dog back to front....

I'll save you the trouble....Indecipherable / Unsure of Meaning.....

but basically I over came the issue, checked out the Basset hounds stout body against short legs Watson in the picture is wagging his tail.....and the head has a distinct muzzle (that'll be fun) and the ears. No change of making the ears with copper. So I have cut a big of cloth (like I did for Castles scarf) and painted it black. It is drying and will be attached when no longer tacky...it will need tweaking once glue on.

But despite the fact it does not look like a dog at the moment...I have hopes......otherwise it's the Noch dog.

Anyway here is a reference picture......

BASSETT-HOUND-BEACH-FACE.jpgvh1.com

• Like 2

I add some colour to get a feel for how lumpy and bumpy it is...

med_gallery_17883_3112_22368.jpgrmweb1303britfarmer13

And balance the ear(muff)s on to check it out as well

med_gallery_17883_3112_136396.jpgrmweb1304britfarmer14

There's a bunch of lumps when the paint dries I'll look into it....I can't keep adding layers or it'll be a fat cat dog....

Ok drastic measure....pliers to squeeze out some lumps.......

• Like 1

Some judicious use of the small pliers and the crooked back is not so easy to see, and the face is now slightly elongated and theres a distinct head dome.

Hopefully the muzzle is a good impression...don't forget it's just some copper and flex bark...

med_gallery_17883_3112_91001.jpgrmweb1305britfarmer15

I add the ears

med_gallery_17883_3112_379365.jpgrmweb1306britfarmer16

Which were a bit long so scissors to the rescue, and the pliers squish the ears at the top of the head while the glue is still wet......

and we have a um...Basset hound...at one angle anyways.....

med_gallery_17883_3112_236911.jpgrmweb1370briitfarmer17

• Like 2

and on to the layout

@Jc has had a call from his dad to go rescue his cat Pastel.....he is just coming back up the road.......try to keep a firm grip on the cat so it does not wander off again.....

when out of now where (yeah yeah I know different continent) thebritfarmer appears walking his dogs Watson and Ozzy. Watson is quite interest in pastel.

med_gallery_17883_3112_64927.jpgrmweb1308britfarmer18

....Luckily she just sits there ignoring him....and has not bolted. 

med_gallery_17883_3112_439742.jpgrmweb1309britfarmer19

Pastel appears to have that cat look....the one that say yeah go on DOG...I dare you....

med_gallery_17883_3112_540648.jpgrmweb1310britfarmer20

There was no tall guy with jeans and a t shirt, so you got jeans and a jeans jacket.....I painted the t the same colour so you can't see it. At the moment the colour is a little harsh I'm hoping this evening at dusk to get better pictures.

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 5

Well I am quite literally gobsmacked!!! in more ways than one.

A. That both dogs bear an uncanny resemblance to my pair.

B. That you would put so much time and effort into make a model of me and my dogs.

I am  honoured and Watson does love cats even if they don't always love him !  

Thanks Jaz !! 

Edited by thebritfarmer
  • Like 2

A little further back

med_gallery_17883_3112_458894.jpgrmweb1311britfarmer21

med_gallery_17883_3112_402864.jpgrmweb1312britfarmer22

Wel @Jc has stopped the tractor. And he and thebritfarmer are saying hi. Meantime Watson has come to a stop deciding not too get too close. Ozzy appears better trained and has not stepped onto the road. Pastel is now imitating a spinx.

med_gallery_17883_3112_255675.jpgrmweb1313britfarmer23

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

This is brilliant Jaz. Thanks for representing me and Pastel on AV. You have done a very good job. You have captured Pastel's colour / markings to purrfection!!!! I must say that you have done an exceptional job with thebritfarmers dogs. To look at the Basset Hound it is impossible to tell that it has been made from copper wire of all things. You have an  amazing talent there Jaz. I also like the way that you make your scenes come to life with the captions. I wouldn't like to try and hold Pastel and drive a tractor in real life. When Pastel has been held long enough you have never seen anything squirm, wriggle and kick like he does. 

• Like 2

Blooming Apple, this and there stoopid maps are the only thing that lets them down |(and maybe the price).

You cannot turn it off and it even changes words you spelt right into something strange

Edited by Kal

Well I am quite literally gobsmacked!!! in more ways than one.

A. That both dogs bear an uncanny resemblance to my pair.

B. That you would put so much time and effort into make a model of me and my dogs.

I am  honoured and Watson does love cats even if they don't always love him !  

Thanks Jaz !! 

I actually enjoy the challenge. I am glad you like it. I'll try and get a nice picture so if you wish you can do the same as ChrisN and use it as an avatar.

• Like 1

This is brilliant Jaz. Thanks for representing me and Pastel on AV. You have done a very good job. You have captured Pastel's colour / markings to purrfection!!!! I must say that you have done an exceptional job with thebritfarmers dogs. To look at the Basset Hound it is impossible to tell that it has been made from copper wire of all things. You have an  amazing talent there Jaz. I also like the way that you make your scenes come to life with the captions. I wouldn't like to try and hold Pastel and drive a tractor in real life. When Pastel has been held long enough you have never seen anything squirm, wriggle and kick like he does. 

@Jc I am really glad you liked it. I still have a mechanic to check out.....I'll put it up when I get a chance.