Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Thank you for the compliments, it has also come to my attention many people do not use their galleries, just for the record I have been populating mine, most will of course be from this thread.

• Like 1

Have you seen the stuff they put on display at the Tate Modern?  If that's what they call "art" then it's no wonder many people don't bother visiting.

Having said that, I'd not mind popping into the National Gallery if I were ever in London - I'd like to see "Rain, Steam and Speed" in the flesh (even if it is GWR themed!).  Not sure where Cuneo's "The Great Marqess" is - a private collection I think. But I digress.... :O

Have you seen the stuff they put on display at the Tate Modern?  If that's what they call "art" then it's no wonder many people don't bother visiting.

Having said that, I'd not mind popping into the National Gallery if I were ever in London - I'd like to see "Rain, Steam and Speed" in the flesh (even if it is GWR themed!).  Not sure where Cuneo's "The Great Marqess" is - a private collection I think. But I digress.... :O

Interesting. "Rain, steam and Speed" was the Tate Modern of its day.

Tony.

When I was at college I visited the V&A archivesI I was interested in Wayang Puppetry. There was also a  Da Vinci cartoons exhibition probably at the Tate, which I really liked. I liked the V&A exhibitions, their furniture 1960s and a 1920s couture were my favourites at the time. My mother took me often to the museums I distinctly remember going to the Tutankamun, Dr Who and the Henry VIII. And I agree a sheep or whatever in formaldehyde, and an unmade bed makes me think of the Kings clothes - all air and empty pomposity. unfortunately she had no interest in trains ;p Luckily there are so many great heritage and preservation sites. Nene Valley and Goathland  are two nice ones.

This is a wagon that caught my eye, and I thought hummmm that is great reference matter

http://www.rocks-by-rail.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/wooden-mineral-waggons.jpg

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

When I was at college I visited the V&A archivesI I was interested in Wayang Puppetry. There was also a  Da Vinci cartoons exhibition probably at the Tate, which I really liked. I liked the V&A exhibitions, their furniture 1960s and a 1920s couture were my favourites at the time. My mother took me often to the museums I distinctly remember going to the Tutankamun, Dr Who and the Henry VIII. And I agree a sheep or whatever in formaldehyde, and an unmade bed makes me think of the Kings clothes - all air and empty pomposity. unfortunately she had no interest in trains ;p Luckily there are so many great heritage and preservation sites. Nene Valley and Goathland  are two nice ones.

This is a wagon that caught my eye, and I thought hummmm that is great reference matter

http://www.rocks-by-rail.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/wooden-mineral-waggons.jpg

Thanks for that great link. I had no idea about this place. It looks like they have a nice selection of stock, although it also looks as if it's mostly kept out in the open air. I will have to try and visit at some point. Love your "tagged" wagon!

cheers,

Iain

Iain

I think you are being VERY kind ;p

Freebs

He certainly makes you look at your stuff more closely :)

On reflection doing the Jaz grafitti on my first wagon attempt was probably not a good idea, the wagon not being too hot, now this is hand painted wagon because of the paint over paint effect, and I think I need some felt tips or something for the nuts and bolts, but at least I can feel that I am improving ;p

med_gallery_17883_2760_1606016.jpg1723

Sneaking the weathered building in

med_gallery_17883_2760_566705.jpg1724

and using a purchased weathered loco for better effect

med_gallery_17883_2760_1006675.jpg1726

and adding a little yellow for effect.........

med_gallery_17883_2760_677498.jpg1731

I may add some weathered powder later

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 6

Thanks for the likes guys ;),

Hi Silky_Jack, I never read the beginning of your other place post properly, so it is still interesting. Loving the reference pictures on your thread. Check out Sasquatch and his layout called Goathland, if you haven't already

Ah........ the Zollywood Film Studios are slacking and had failed to pass that little en dit on. I think we need to order a fin, a big one.The special effect department will need to get their skates on. They have not yet even fulfilled the order for the Star Trek scene yet either, although their excuse is valid as they do not yet have a spot to use their skills on. Tsk tsk, I do believe the Arboretum Valley Building Company also needs to get it's finger out, there may be room when they build the new station, their civil engineer will need to do extensive planning in order to fit this all in. Plus the new station needs the tracks re laid. Worse the project manager is apparently on holiday enjoying the unusual hot weather, and may bunk off for the summer!!! Just can't get the staff.

• Like 4

HI

Looking forward to a nice sandwich, once you get around to it :)

Just going to do some Gardening  .............   after all the running about for Mini Driver and a Family day out visit to IKEA  .....  

Just looking for the Duct Tape to start with  ..........   :drag:

J

Edited by jcredfer

Julian I can assure none of my 'people' will be go starkers (wheres a Yikes emoticon when you need one!)

I take no responsibilty for the nude AA man, and after your comment I gave him more obvious clothes!!! These two are the (a) yachting set, they are wearing swimming costumes...honest!! In fact the young lady was seen not too recently at Scripps garage in an Austin Powers e-type.  Ah I checked she has not shown her self on RM web yet so I will get her prepped up, just so you know she might not be overly dressed, but is quite appropriate for the weather we are enjoying at present ;p

Well you can all be as loud as you like here mate, you know we love a sense of humour. We have some new friends who I think you'll will notice before long. Quirky humour just drifts in our direction....possibly by osmosis  :sungum: