Industrials from a Pug

ahardy

Hi all,

Thought i would share with you some photos of past projects and later some of my current projects.

I'm a big fan of industrial railways and locos being lucky enough to drive several full size examples on my preserved line. 

I have never got into loco kit building (yet, i'm tempted) but quite enjoy bashing second hand models into something different.

Anyway, my first offering is a fireless loco, based on the Hornby/Dapol Pug. The model is a little worse for wear, and shows up in the photos, having been used lots (and dropped!)

The model was built using parts from the Dapol kit (cab) and scratch building the steam reservoir, dome and bits, The crank pins were swapped around and new cylinders made under the cab floor.

post-1099-0-16354500-1378671266.jpg

post-1099-0-74934700-1378671271.jpg

post-1099-0-20812500-1378671280.jpg

My current project is a Hornby Mag inspired Manning Wardle H Class. until recently we had a similar loco at Middleton (described as a "special" but effectively the same) which I always thought was a rather nice prototype. I'm deviating from the HR build slightly, but hopefully should get a nice model when finished. Photos to follow.

Andy

Archived