Thorncombe Modelex 2013

devonseasider

• RMweb Premium

Great photos Mudders, sorry I had to miss it. (I was taxi-ing kids around for most of Saturday)  Looks like a great day was had.  

I don't recognise some of the layouts you've illustrated, please could you label the photos?

Thanks very much,

Dave.

Some photos from Saturday's Thorncombe Exhibition. They are a bit jumbled up, but hopefully of interest!

Some great photo's of the layouts.

Would have any objection to me putting the photos of Earl's Court on my website?

Terry

'Earl's Court'

ecmr.webs.com

Would have any objection to me putting the photos of Earl's Court on my website?

Of course not!

Feel free to use.

Great layout by the way, too bad I only had a few minutes to view yours and other layouts!

:resent:

Thanks to Steve, John, Mike, Richard for the comments & photos - we were so busy on the day that we took hardly any at all.  Will post a few later taken by one of our members.

DLT  -  I'll be in touch shortly re: next year.

As for the show - well, what can I say?

I know I'm biased, but I think John (Dunsignalling) has summed it up quite well.

From our point of view, it was a great success, not only in terms of visitor numbers and finances, but also as an informal, enjoyable event. Comments from visitors were positive and very encouraging, indicating that we’ve got the right blend of exhibits and suggesting that the show keeps getting better year on year.
We are proud of the reputation we have built up as a friendly show with high-quality exhibits and I’m pleased to say that this year's event reinforced that reputation.

The total attendance, including kids & TRAC members, was just a little shy of 400 which we feel is very good for a show on the border between “the back of beyond”and “the middle of nowhere”. We haven't had all of the costs yet, so can't finalise the accounts, but we will be able to make a significant contribution to whatever railway charity/charities we decide on.  I'll post the details when it's all finalised.

So, thanks again to the exhibitors, traders and the visiting public.  We hope you enjoyed your day out to deepest, darkest West Dorset (even if your SatNavs did try to send you down an un-made farm track!) and look forward to seeing you again in future years in one capacity or another. Please keep in touch.

As noted above, next year's show will be on Saturday Nov. 8th in the same venue(s).

In the meantime, the next TRAC meeting is next Wednesday evening, Nov. 20th - Thorncombe Village Hall - 7:30pm.  Peter Triggs will present "Steam, steam and a little exhaust".
A mere £3 for non-members, everyone welcome.
Google  "traclubsite"  for details.

Archived