Falcon Hawksworth tender

• RMweb Gold

I am currently building the above kit,

I have a couple of areas giving me difficulty (mostly caused by the lack of diagrams in the instructions!)

The tender front appears to be 1mm or so too high. Before I try and find my Copy of Russell when I continue tomorrow evening, does anyone know if this is because the part is too high, or if the top needs more rounding with a file.

The other question relates to the joint between the top of the angled plate on the top of the water tank and the tender side.

I can't quite make out what I am doing here, other than the bits I have in front of me don't look obvious, particularly as iirc the fire iron tunnel is curved

Any help would be appreciated ,

The build so far can be found here http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/blog/853/entry-12788-county-hawksworth-tender-build/

• RMweb Gold

Having re read the instructions after a nights sleep, I now can see the bits for the fire iron tunnel and it's formers. I can understand the long part, but what is the other bit (part 15)

Still can't work out the sides of the coal shoot, parts 7 appear to be something to do with it, but their shape doesn't make it obvious

Dug out Russell and looks like the front was 1mm too high so I've cut it to size.

Archived