Release Brakes before moving off - or Vice Versa

NERBOB

Hello All, hoping someone can help please

The ideal:

I have an ESU decoder fitted to a (Bachmann) Class 47. This is brilliant as when I "power up" to start moving she doesn't respond straight away but releases brakes, throttles up, and starts moving off. Exactly what I would expect.

The problem:

I have a "sound fitted" (Bachmann) Class 45. I would very much like it to respond as the 47 does, but she moves off and then releases the brakes....

Have had a play around with Accelleration CVs (3 & 23) but can't seem to replicate the same process of:

• Release Brakes,
  • Throttle Up
  • Move Off.

Please can you help?

Many Thanks.

Rob

Hello All, hoping someone can help please

The ideal:

I have an ESU decoder fitted to a (Bachmann) Class 47. This is brilliant as when I "power up" to start moving she doesn't respond straight away but releases brakes, throttles up, and starts moving off. Exactly what I would expect.

The problem:

I have a "sound fitted" (Bachmann) Class 45. I would very much like it to respond as the 47 does, but she moves off and then releases the brakes....

Have had a play around with Accelleration CVs (3 & 23) but can't seem to replicate the same process of:

• Release Brakes,
  • Throttle Up
  • Move Off.

Please can you help?

Many Thanks.

Rob

Reblow required - I returned mine to Bachmann, but the whole thing wasn't much better - they know of the problem but seem not to be recalling existing shop stock.

See this thread:-

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/53990-Bachmann-peak-d27-sound/

I have the same problem with my class 25, here's a quick fix to tide you over....

I set the locos start voltage to 0. When I'm ready to move the loco off I set the throttle at speed step 1, the brakes release and she throttles up but doesn't move, you can then increase throttle

and move off normally.

Not an ideal solution, but at least you can drive the loco more prototypically.

It's because the sound files are/were made for the v3.5 esu chip and your new loco's will contain the v4 chip. There is a cv fix for slowing the start off of the loco but I just got mine reblown. There are far better sounds out there.

Cheers Ian

I have the same problem with my class 25, here's a quick fix to tide you over....

I set the locos start voltage to 0. When I'm ready to move the loco off I set the throttle at speed step 1, the brakes release and she throttles up but doesn't move, you can then increase throttle

and move off normally.

Great! That sounds good to me......it will satisfy me as I have a "shunting layout" so not worried about re-blows etc. Many Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow.....

Great! That sounds good to me......it will satisfy me as I have a "shunting layout" so not worried about re-blows etc. Many Thanks, will give it a try tomorrow.....

Hello all,

Many thanks for your advice and interest in this.

irishthump, thanks for the advice. I've done it today and it works, and it's quite satisfying actually!

Best wishes to you all & Happy New Year.

Rob

and move off normally.

irishthump, thanks for the advice. I've done it today and it works, and it's quite satisfying actually!

Rob

Hello all,

Many thanks for your advice and interest in this.

Rob

You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out for you....

Archived