Looking for printable grey sky backscene

JDW

• RMweb Premium

Evening All,

I'm putting together a small diorama designed to fit in one of the shelves of a small bookcase, using mainly low relief printed card buildings, concrete floor, etc, but need some greyish sky to go behind, something that will just finish it off without being too obtrusive (hence not blue!).  Does anyone know of a source of downloadable grey sky?  I'd rather not have to try cut, paste and stich photos if I can find a ready made, professional version, it would probably be a bit neater than I could manage!

Thanks

JDW

What length do you need and what height would it be? I can sort an image file for you which you'd have to get printed if it helps.

Ooo, would it be too much to ask for a copy also? I've been told by local printing services that if I can provide a digital image version (i.e. photo-type source) they can print on continuous sheet for me, however I've not really got a satisfactory example myself. I'm trying to create a 15" high backscene "background", and was prepared to have it essentially repetitive every 3-4 feet. My location and prevailing weather don't really provide for a wide-open space view as a subject. Anything grey sky, or light blue-grey partly cloudy that can be scaled to 15" by whatever length would be useful? Once the weather (ever!!) turns more reasonable here I may try and capture something similar to what Mike has shown.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for your answers guys, in answer to Andy, in total its less than 2 feet, the diorama is about a foot long and less than 6" deep, and it would probably need to be around 4-5 inches high.  Mike, that's a great sky, very atmospheric but thinking about it, its possibly a bit overwhelming for such a small scene?

Thanks for your answers guys, in answer to Andy, in total its less than 2 feet, the diorama is about a foot long and less than 6" deep, and it would probably need to be around 4-5 inches high.  Mike, that's a great sky, very atmospheric but thinking about it, its possibly a bit overwhelming for such a small scene?

Will this suit? It's sized as 36" x 6" - just right click and save.

Sky_Blue_Light_Cloud_36x6.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Mike, thanks Andy, I'll download them both and see which looks best.  When its done, I'll post a pic or two of the diorama (its not exciting or innovative enough to warrant a how-I-built-it type thread of its own!)

• 3 months later...

Archived